Elite Dangerous is now available on PS4, Xbox One and PC. The first FREE Beyond update kicks off with an open beta test available to all PC players.
Frontier has announced that its first Elite Dangerous open beta of 2018, created to gather pre-release feedback on the new Beyond update, will commence on January 25th.
Launching Q1 2018, Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter One is the first update of Elite Dangerous' third season, following the Thargoids devastating assault on humanity's starports. But anyone who stuck around for Elite Dangerous Horizons, the game's second season of content, need only wait another two weeks to get some hands-on time with the next wave of content.
Chapter 1 of Beyond will give you the chance to take on wing missions with your fellow Commanders, sharing both the efforts and rewards.
There are welcome improvements for traders too, and Commanders will soon be able to access trade data from any system they've visited previously. Frontier Developments has reworked the planet rendering technology in its COBRA game engine.
Elsewhere, Chapter One brings some much-requested updates to Elite's core mechanics, including accessibility enhancements to the game's Engineering system, an overhaul of mission rewards, and major changes to Crime and Punishment.
Chapter One introduces the Chieftain ship - a new Alliance craft designed by in-game manufacturer Lakon Spaceways - that's "more maneuverable than ships of similar size and weight, and [.] can more than hold its own in a fight", according to Frontier. Additionally, GalNet Audio will allow players to catch up on the galaxy's latest news without ever leaving the action, bringing the ongoing narrative to the foreground at a unsafe moment for humanity's pilots.
It wouldn't be an Elite Dangerous update without a new ship being added to the mix. Recent reports state that the Chapter One of its "Beyond " expansion will have an open beta starting later this month.
Frontier is the studio behind Jurassic World Evolution, Elite Dangerous, LostWinds and Planet Coaster, founded in 1994 by games industry veteran David Braben.
Frontier Developments has aggressively supported the game for years now and today they introduced players to Season 3. Other Frontier titles include RollerCoaster Tycoon 3, Thrillville, LostWinds, Kinectimals, Kinect Disneyland Adventures, Zoo Tycoon, Tales from Deep Space and ScreamRide.
- Has $1110599000 Position in Fidelity National Information Services, Inc. (FIS)
- Polen Capital Management Upped Its Celgene (CELG) Stake; Synnex Has 1.08 Sentiment
- Saybrook Capital NC Holds Stake in Pfizer, Inc. (PFE)
- Emmanuel Macron calls for UNESCO status for French baguette
- Rescuers Seek Survivors after California Mudslides Kill 17
- IED planted on Srinagar-Baramulla road defused
- A peek into Ranbir Kapoor's life
- Warriors guard Curry sidelined with ankle sprain
- Hilton Capital Management LLC Boosts Position in Costco Wholesale Co. (COST)
- African Union, African UN envoys demand Trump apology