'Why would Norwegians come?' Twitter blows up at Trump's s***hole slur Twitter users have pointed out the irony of Donald Trump lamenting immigration from "s***hole countries" while wishing that the U.S. had "more people from places like Norway": Why would Norwegians immigrate to the United States?
But earlier, while speaking about US energy dominance over Russian Federation, he also derided his former rival, Hillary Clinton, for her energy policies.
Trump said the planned US withdrawal from the Paris climate deal "wasn't a major topic" during their discussions and repeated his claim that the climate agreement negotiated by the Obama administration and signed by countries around the globe "treated the United States very unfairly". "We could conceivably go back in", he said.
Norway's leader says her country is committed to the Paris climate agreement and sees tremendous economic opportunities in the green economy. But he added, "The Paris accord really would have taken away our competitive edge and we're not going to let that happen - I'm not going to let that happen". The United States also joined the non-binding agreement under President Barack Obama, but Trump said previous year he was withdrawing.
For comparison, the U.S.is 10th in the Human Development Index, has an average annual salary of $52,543 and ranks 45 in the Global Gender Gap Report, according to information compiled by the Sentinel.
The exchange over the environment - and Solberg's efforts to make the business case for fighting climate change - stood out as the two leaders bonded over economic ties and military might.
Asked about Trump's comments, White House spokesman Raj Shah said: "Certain Washington politicians choose to fight for foreign countries, but President Trump will always fight for the American people". Trump also said he wished the USA could use hydropower."One of the great assets of Norway is a thing called water", he said. Norway, rich in Arctic oil and gas reserves, was the first developed nation to ratify the global agreement to reduce carbon emissions.
- Seal clarifies position on Oprah Winfrey social media post
- Liverpool Aim to End Man City's Unbeaten Run
- Earnings Clues on Infinera Corporation (INFN), ZIOPHARM Oncology, Inc. (ZIOP) Analyst's Predictions
- Everton boss Sam Allardyce 'shocked' by Spurs thrashing
- Dark Souls Remastered Goes to Switch
- Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) Raised to Neutral at Macquarie
- Comic actress who blundered to success dies at 80
- Chandigarh stalking case: Vikas Baral gets bail, Varnika still hopeful
- Oregon State women end Arizona State's win streak
- Mourinho explains how getting Alexis Sanchez will change his summer plans