It appears that Nintendo Switch fans are already excited by the announcement, as they're eager to find out what Dark Souls Remastered will look like on the Switch. Just previous year, series creator Hidetaki Miyazaki said that the Souls-series was complete after the release of the Ringed City DLC.
Yesterday, we learned that FromSoftware's iconic title, Dark Souls would be receiving an upgrade for current-gen consoles, due out May 25th. While PC, PS4 Pro, and Xbox One X players will be able to enjoy 4K, the Switch will run at 1080p and 30fps in docked mode, and likely a lower resolution when in portable mode. But considering the popularity of the Dark Souls series (and the fact that Dark Souls III is supposedly the last game in the series), it would make sense for Bandai Namco to release the game on this console generation.
Dark Souls Remastered will receive graphical enhancements across the board as well as the aim to hit 60 frames per second.
Gameplay will not change much from the original.
"From their first timid steps to absolute mastery, players will build their characters by strategically adapting to daunting foes, exploring haunting locations, and amassing a large collection of weapons, armour and magic spells to utilise for a truly unique playstyle", states the press release for the game.
So far the only thing we know for sure is improved in Dark Souls Remastered is the framerate and resolution.
This practice isn't uncommon for players on the Steam platform, often being entitled to discounts when owning the original game when a remaster is inbound. The last Dark Souls was Dark Souls 3, which was released in 2016.
According to the Twitter user, Sassy, who posted a picture proof on his/her Twitter account suggesting that an online retailer has leaked Dark Souls PS4 Remaster.
- Iran calls fresh USA sanctions illegal, hostile
- Analysts See $1.14 EPS for CoreSite Realty (COR); Perkinelmer Has 1.31 Sentiment
- Nexstar Media Group (NXST) Rating Lowered to Buy at BidaskClub
- Everton boss Sam Allardyce 'shocked' by Spurs thrashing
- Anchor Capital Advisors LLC Maintains Position in Chevron Corporation (CVX)
- CAPROCK Group Inc. Has $9 Million Stake in Microsoft Co. (MSFT)
- Pep Guardiola breaks another Premier League record
- Oregon State women end Arizona State's win streak
- Huntington Bancshares Inc's (NASDAQ:HBAN) Sentiment is 0.96
- Manchester United target two forwards if they miss out on Alexis Sanchez