It appears that Nintendo Switch fans are already excited by the announcement, as they're eager to find out what Dark Souls Remastered will look like on the Switch. Just previous year, series creator Hidetaki Miyazaki said that the Souls-series was complete after the release of the Ringed City DLC.
Yesterday, we learned that FromSoftware's iconic title, Dark Souls would be receiving an upgrade for current-gen consoles, due out May 25th. While PC, PS4 Pro, and Xbox One X players will be able to enjoy 4K, the Switch will run at 1080p and 30fps in docked mode, and likely a lower resolution when in portable mode. But considering the popularity of the Dark Souls series (and the fact that Dark Souls III is supposedly the last game in the series), it would make sense for Bandai Namco to release the game on this console generation.
Dark Souls Remastered will receive graphical enhancements across the board as well as the aim to hit 60 frames per second.
Gameplay will not change much from the original.
"From their first timid steps to absolute mastery, players will build their characters by strategically adapting to daunting foes, exploring haunting locations, and amassing a large collection of weapons, armour and magic spells to utilise for a truly unique playstyle", states the press release for the game.
So far the only thing we know for sure is improved in Dark Souls Remastered is the framerate and resolution.
This practice isn't uncommon for players on the Steam platform, often being entitled to discounts when owning the original game when a remaster is inbound. The last Dark Souls was Dark Souls 3, which was released in 2016.
According to the Twitter user, Sassy, who posted a picture proof on his/her Twitter account suggesting that an online retailer has leaked Dark Souls PS4 Remaster.
- Columbia Asset Management Maintains Stake in Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (ALXN)
- Western New England Bancorp, Inc. (WNEB) Analysts See $0.13 EPS
- Dark Souls Remastered Goes to Switch
- McCaffery: Nick Foles helped give underdog Eagles some unexpected bite
- Trump to approve Iran nuclear deal for last time
- CAPROCK Group Inc. Has $9 Million Stake in Microsoft Co. (MSFT)
- Liverpool Aim to End Man City's Unbeaten Run
- Ashley Judd Says James Franco's Response to Sexual Harassment Allegations was 'Terrific'
- India vs South Africa: Host to bat first in second Test
- Chandigarh stalking case: Vikas Baral gets bail, Varnika still hopeful