"Goodbye to Bella Emberg".
Bella Emberg, the comic actress who found fame as Russ Abbot's sidekick, has died at the age of 80.
Emberg starred as Blunder Woman alongside the titular host of the show, who played the ill-fated superhero Cooperman.
She was "a woman of huge warmth and generosity", Abbot said.
"She was not only a great sport but a huge comedy talent".
Metro.co.uk has reached out to reps for Bella Emberg and Sky One for comment. He described Emberg, who appeared as Blunderwoman on The Russ Abbot Show, as a "huge comedy talent" and "a woman of vast warmth and generosity".
Tributes to Emberg have been published on social media since news of her death broke last night (January 12) - check out a selection below.
Russ Abbot has led the tributes today, saying: "It is with a heavy heart that I heard the news about Bella".
Chuckle, real name Paul Elliott, who performed in pantomime with Emberg, remembered her as "the funniest fairy ever", while EastEnders star Fergison said she was "lovable and always an inspiration". "Russ said he was looking for a fat woman who could keep a straight face", Emberg recalled "That was fine by me".
"A genuinely nice woman and, despite her fierce on-stage characterisations, a truly gentle soul".
She said: 'Blunderwoman saved my career - and I still view her as a complete blessing. I went for jobs and they'd say: "'We'd love to hire you but you're too well known with Russ"'. RIP the lovely Bella Emberg.
- Oregon State women end Arizona State's win streak
- Analysts See $3.00 EPS for Essex Property Trust, Inc. (ESS)
- Iran calls fresh USA sanctions illegal, hostile
- Earnings Clues on Infinera Corporation (INFN), ZIOPHARM Oncology, Inc. (ZIOP) Analyst's Predictions
- Manchester United target two forwards if they miss out on Alexis Sanchez
- Plane skids off runway in northern Turkey
- Liverpool Aim to End Man City's Unbeaten Run
- Dark Souls Remastered Goes to Switch
- Trump's plan to deport those who entered United States illegally as kids blocked
- Trump to approve Iran nuclear deal for last time