Qazigund has recorded minus 5.0 degree Celsius, Tourist destination Pahalgam has recorded minus 6.1, degree Celsius and ski resort Gulmarg has recorded minus 4.5, respectively.
Kashmir is now under the grip of "Chillai-Kalan" a 40- day harshest period of winter.
Leh was the coldest place recorded in Jammu and Kashmir, the official said.
State capital Srinagar recorded a minimum temperature of minus 4.6 degrees Celsius while Pahalgam and Kupwara in north Kashmir recorded a low of minus 6.1 and minus 5.3 degrees Celsius respectively, a MeT official said. "In Kokernag town, the mercury decreased marginally to -2.7 celsius", he said.
There was some relief for people in Rajasthan, Punjab and Haryana from intense cold as minimum temperatures rose in these states even as northern districts of West Bengal continue to experience chilly weather.
Leh region has recorded minus 15.0 degree Celsius. It ends on January 31.
However, the cold wave tightened its grip again and the minimum temperature dropped over seven degrees last night.
Among other places, Sirsa had a low of 6.6 degrees Celsius followed by 6.7 degrees Celsius at Rohtak, 7 degrees Celsius at Hisar, 7.5 degrees Celsius at Amritsar - three notches above normal.
Bathinda in Punjab shivered at a low of 5.6 degrees Celsius, one notch above normal, while Bhiwani in Haryana recorded a low of 6.4 degrees Celsius.
Most parts of Punjab and Haryana reeled under cold weather conditions with Admapur in Jalandhar being the coldest place in the region with a low of 2.2 degrees Celsius. With the visibility recorded at 400 metres in the early hours, the minimum temperature was recorded 5.5 degrees Celsius. Keylong, Manali and Kalpa recorded a low of minus 7.6 degrees Celsius, minus 3 degrees Celsius and minus 1.6 degrees Celsius respectively, the MeT office said.
- Tillerson to attend int'l foreign ministers meeting on North Korea in Canada
- First Bancorp (FBP): Insider Trading and Ownership Analysis
- Markram falls in nervous 90s as SA plod on
- African ambassadors condemn Trump remarks as 'racist'
- Number of flu-related pediatric deaths rises to 20 — CDC
- Yerry Mina: Joining Barcelona means indescribable pride
- Rose McGowan Targets 'A--hole' James Franco After Critics' Choice Awards Win
- Shazam Movie Set for April 5, 2019 Release
- Positive News Coverage Somewhat Unlikely to Impact Newmont Mining (NEM) Stock Price
- Seattle Genetics, Inc. (SGEN) Stake Lowered by National Planning Corp