A local court on Monday rejected - for the fourth time - the bail plea of Vikas Barala, son of Haryana BJP President Subhash Barala, and his friend Ashish Kumar, arrested in a case of stalking and attempted abduction of an IAS officer's daughter.
The incident, which took place on August 4, created a ruckus across the country, when Kundu accused Vikas and his friend Kumar of following her auto in the middle of the night in Chandigarh.
"You have all been hearing a lot about me in the last five months".
The accused in the Chandigarh stalking case Vikas Barala has claimed inncocence on Youtube but the survivor Varnika Kundu put up a fearless face and called it a "lie". First and foremost, I would like to tell you that I amcompletely innocent. I am completely innocent and all charges levelled against me are false and baseless.
Earlier on Friday, immediately after his release, Vikas Barala visited a temple in Sector 44 Chandigarh, where he met his mother and other family members. My unflinching faith in God and concern for my family's honour saw me through the five months I spent in custody.
In the video, Vikas is apparently reading from a script.
In the video, Barala said that since he was the son of a politician he was targeted to demean his father's image. "I am humbly appealing to all of you to please believe only in true facts and evidences, instead of gossip", he says, adding, "In the end, I would like to reiterate that I am completely innocent". He rubbished all the molestation and eve-teasing charges levelled against him and urged the public to only believe in "facts". "These are all false and baseless, they are all rumours".
Vikas Barala and his friend Ashish allegedly chased Varnika Kundu - a disc jockey by profession - in their auto while she was returning home from Chandigarh on August 4, 2017.
"This video doesn't even dignify a response. We expected him and his lawyers to do whatever it takes to save him...he is definitely not the victim here", she told Chandigarh Newsline.
- Trump to approve Iran nuclear deal for last time
- India vs South Africa: Host to bat first in second Test
- Ventura County flu deaths rise again; public health officials urge vaccination
- Jaffetilchin Investment Partners LLC Purchases New Stake in Cummins Inc. (CMI)
- Liverpool Aim to End Man City's Unbeaten Run
- Cenovus Energy Inc. (NYSE: CVE) - Important Factors to Analyse A Good Investment
- Dark Souls Remastered Goes to Switch
- Oregon State women end Arizona State's win streak
- Prudential plc (PRU) Insider Mike Wells Acquires 10 Shares
- Pep Guardiola breaks another Premier League record