Many customers were complaining that their accounts were pushed into the negative.
Capital One reported it has resolved its glitch that caused numerous customers to have errors on their accounts. Inquiries to Capital One by The Washington Post were not immediately returned. Customers should be able to use their accounts as normal, Landers said, and can contact Capital One if they have any issues.
The problem was resolved early Thursday morning, the bank said.
Customers are encouraged to check in online and through their app for updates.
Attention Capital One users: You may want to check your balance.
In some cases, the same charge is being deducted up to three times.
"We are experiencing issues with debit card transactions made on December 31". Others had charges amounting to hundreds of dollars that were taken out of their accounts at least twice. Aggravated customers aired their grievances on social media.
The company says they are working towards a fix to the problem and that customers would not be responsible for any fees acquired due to the issue.
- Trump's plan to deport those who entered United States illegally as kids blocked
- Donald Trump announces sale of non-existent fighter jet to Norway
- Harry Kane becomes Tottenham's record Premier League goal scorer
- Raptors embarrass Cavs with 34-point drubbing
- Earnings Clues on Infinera Corporation (INFN), ZIOPHARM Oncology, Inc. (ZIOP) Analyst's Predictions
- Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) Raised to Neutral at Macquarie
- Will there be another mudslide in Montecito?
- Pacers Complete Comeback As Cavaliers Continue To Flounder
- Comic actress who blundered to success dies at 80
- Ishant Sharma's Selection Over Bhuvneshwar Kumar For 2nd Test Leaves Millennials Baffled