A return of southerly winds will allow for some moderation in temperatures Sunday as highs climb into the lower and middle 20s, but clouds will be on the increase as an approaching clipper system brings a threat of an accumulating snowfall.
"Snow showers look to push out through the afternoon hours Monday with most areas seeing right around 2" of snow, much less to the south and slightly more in northern Indiana.
EXTENDED: Early on Monday morning, we will see a chance of snow for most of our viewing area with a cold front pushing through. This cold front will be bringing with it yet another shot of Arctic air and gusty winds.
The deep freeze will really take hold on Tuesday with lows dropping into the single digits and risky wind chill values from -5 to -10.
Some snow accumulations are possible for our area late Tuesday night into Thursday morning. While this IS NOT EXPECTED TO BE A BIG STORM, there may be just enough snow to cause some problems and we want you to be prepared. Yikes! Afternoon highs will stay well below freezing on Tuesday and those single digit lows will extend into Wednesday as well. Wind chills will also be a concern making it feel evening colder.
Today: Morning clouds, becoming mostly sunny by afternoon.
The winds relax by Sunday morning and that will allow the air to cool into the teens.
Monday: Morning light snow, then mostly cloudy and cold. The northeastern plains will see some rain / snow mixed showers through the evening that will clear out by midnight. Wind: N 10-20. Low: 1.
- Magic Johnson tweets support for Luke Walton after team's fourth straight win
- Saints preparing for division round match up with Minnesota
- Norway's PM Makes Business Case of 'Green Economy' to Trump
- Trump Tweets 'Such Respect' for Iranian People, Pledges US Support
- President Trump's Africa, Haiti remark criticized locally
- Ishant Sharma's Selection Over Bhuvneshwar Kumar For 2nd Test Leaves Millennials Baffled
- Will there be another mudslide in Montecito?
- Plane dangles off cliff after skidding off runway in Turkey
- Harry Kane becomes Tottenham's record Premier League goal scorer
- Bigg Boss 11: Vikas Gupta gets eliminated from the show