GETTYAnt McPartlin has confirmed his split from his wife Lisa ArmstrongRelated articles Ant McPartlin and Lisa were married for 11 yearsThe couple originally met in 1994 before eventually marrying in 2006 The marriage has effectively been struggling for eight months.
'Ant asks for privacy at this hard time, for both himself, Lisa and their immediate families.
He added, "No further statement will be made".
The Sun On Sunday furthermore quotes a source who reveals that "this was a tough decision for Ant but he has to do the right thing for his health".
'It hasn't happened overnight, they have been having problems for ages. He's given it a good go.
She responded: "Educate yourself first love and get your facts rights. He is obviously really upset about it".
Ant is said to be keen to maintain an "amicable" relationship with the Strictly Come Dancing make-up artist, who was previously accused of not "standing by" her husband by angry fans.
Ant made a triumphant return to I'm A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here at the end of 2017, looking happy and healthy with best friend Dec out in Australia where they film the award-winning show, after his stint in rehab earlier in the year to tackle his problems with alcohol, substance abuse and prescription drugs.
He left in August, but is believed to have not reunited with his wife, and has since been living in a rented property.
"I've spoken out because I think it's important that people ask for help if they're going through a rough time and get the proper treatment to help their recovery", he said past year.
Lisa appeared to hint that things had taken a turn for the worst when she posted a picture which labelled 2017 as a rubbish year.
Now reports claim that Ant has chose to put an end to their marriage after making the tough decision to file for divorce. "All I can say at the moment is that she's been wonderful - fantastic throughout".
- Whiting Petroleum Corp (NYSE:WLL) Institutional Investor Sentiment
- Ctrip.Com International (CTRP) Research Coverage Started at Morgan Stanley
- Benue killings: Lalong apologizes to Ortom, withdraws offensive remark
- Joshua vs Parker clash is confirmed
- MLK's Nephew: Trump Isn't 'Racist in the Traditional Sense'
- Without Sanchez, Arsenal loses 2-1 to Bournemouth in EPL
- Russian military releases cute puppy video for New Year's
- General Motors (GM) Earns Daily Media Impact Score of 0.23
- Google Doodle Celebrates 92nd Birthday of Writer-Activist Mahasweta Devi
- Teen arrested in fatal stabbing of girl inside New Rochelle Dunkin' Donuts