He recalled that during Mann Ki Baat in December 2017, he had called for organising Mock Parliaments in the districts. "Such mock parliaments will further the spirit of discussion among our youth", he stated.
But, we have the opportunity to fulfill the dreams of the great men and women who helped us attain freedom from the British rule.
The Prime Minister also urged people to work and make Indian villages free from open defecation in next two years by creating awareness at their level. As it was felt that the philosophy of Swamiji and the ideals for which he lived and worked could be a great source of inspiration for the Indian Youth, the Government of India chose to observe the birthday of Swami Vivekananda (12 January) as National Youth Day every year from 1985 onwards, he added. In a way, this is what ignites an innovative zeal in our youth. Swami Vivekananda's lectures and writings were a source of inspiration and have motivated numerous youth organizations. It was way back in 1984 that the government of India declared January 12 as National Youth Day to commemorate the birthday of Swami Vivekananda, who was a social reformer, philosopher and great thinker. "Surya Namaskar is one of the best ways to keep fit and in this regard the state government has made a decision to organise mass Surya Namaskar sessions every year on the occasion of Swami Vivekananda's birth anniversary", he said.
President Ram Nath Kovind and Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday paid tributes to Swami Vivekananda on his 155th birth anniversary, celebrated as the "National Youth Day". "The youth is the symbol of the country's energy", he added.
Speaking on the occasion, Adityanath said only the youth could change the system with new innovations.
- Trump Says He'd Beat Oprah If She Runs For President
- Can Iran's Regime Survive 2018?
- Global East Ball Valve Market Vendors: Kitz, Tyco, Flowserve, Emerson and Cameron
- House lawmakers approve crackdown on 'sanctuary cities' in Florida
- Brokerages Set Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO) Price Target at $1.83
- Melbourne storm as Maria Sharapova is handed a starring role
- Trump's medical: Why's he having it and what to expect?
- Police Arrest Suspect in Slaying of College Student in Calif.
- Chelsea seek council help with stadium dispute
- Chicago Bridge & Iron (NYSE:CBI) Receives Media Impact Score of 0.08