The augmented reality glasses with Alexa from Vuzix is expected to be unveiled for a quick experience during the CES 2018. Amazon would generate revenue from its Alexa service, while Vuzix's smart glasses would easily appeal to the smart assistant's following. Current users won't be missing out on Alexa, as they have promised that Alexa will be made available on select devices through updates.
When Vuzix last week announced that its Alexa-enabled augmented reality smart glasses would debut at CES, you had to know it was just the beginning of the Alexa avalanche coming in 2018.
A local company is showing off new technology that could eventually help you get additional uses out of your Amazon Alexa app.
Amazon confirmed Vuzix's claim of being first with Alexa-backed AR smart glasses and said it is "excited about the potential of the glasses and the ability to bring Alexa to customers in a new way". The AR glasses will reportedly arrive in the second quarter with a cost around $1,000 (approximately Rs. 63,400). Sound pricey? It is, but interestingly, Vuzix Chief Executive Officer Paul Travers has said they're looking to get the price down to $500 United States dollars by 2019.
As with HP, the Pavilion Wave will be the first to come designed specifically with offerings for voice interactions via Amazon Alexa.
The service will also enable new features in the cars themselves, such the ability to start the engine remotely or lock the auto doors, by giving a command through another Alexa device in the home or elsewhere. Google tried to commercialize this technology way back in 2012.
But what if you could not only hear that forecast from Alexa, but also see the weather prediction being depicted in a very realistic way across the inside of your new smart glasses?
Amazon hasn't said whether it will release its own branded smart glasses with Alexa, but Travers expects it to happen.
- International Business Machines - Buy, Sell or Hold?
- Boeing's New Prototype Cargo Drone Can Carry up to 500 Pounds
- Balaji Motion Picture officially announces the release date of 'Veere Di Wedding'
- Gentex (NASDAQ:GNTX) Lowered to Hold at Zacks Investment Research
- La palla passa al Barcellona
- Spartak Moscow Criticised For "Racist" Tweet About Own Players
- Investment Research Analysts Opinion: Universal Display Corporation (OLED), Endeavour Silver Corp. (EXK)
- Stifel Financial Corp Sells 7228 Shares of EXACT Sciences Co. (NASDAQ:EXAS)
- $1.27 EPS Expected for Microchip Technology Incorporated (MCHP)
- White House physician: Trump in 'excellent health'