Before that heavyweight blockbuster takes place, however, Joshua looks set to fight New Zealander Joseph Parker as talks are in an advanced stage with the WBO Champion. Joshua fronts with his WBA and IBF belts and Parker puts up his WBO title.
The fighters' respective promotions, Matchroom Boxing and Duco Events, have been locked in negotiations since the end of previous year, with the purse split the largest obstacle that needed to be hurdled.
Parker's representative, David Higgins, has been in the United Kingdom since Monday to conclude negotiations, and a news conference is expected next week.
That's the word from Joshua's promoter Eddie Hearn as he continues to make rapid progress with Duco Boxing boss David Higgins over the final details of the fight contract.
"My man David Higgins - he's a bit nuts, David Higgins, but he's a good guy", Hearn told IFL.TV. They truly believe they knock Anthony Joshua out.
"Let me tell you, that's a fight that we would sit down now and make for 2018".
Despite claims from promoter Eddie Hearn that we would see a more trimmed down Joshua for his most recent bout, a tenth round victory over late replacement Carlos Takam in Cardiff, "AJ" came in heavier than ever at 18st 2lbs last October.
Fury, 29, has been out of action for over two years and still has licensing issues to deal with as the former world champion bids to prove his fitness and mental state to the British Boxing Board of Control.
The possibility of Anthony Joshua v Joseph Parker taking place is almost a done deal, with both promotional and managerial parties set for discussions today to finalise the bout for March 31st.
Warren said: "Realistically he needs about three or four fights very quickly".
- Photographer Terry Richardson Under Investigation by NYPD for Sex Crimes
- Hormel Foods (HRL) Receives Daily Coverage Optimism Score of 0.15
- Stock Price Performance Check (9.19%) on Agnico-Eagle Mines Ltd (AEM)
- HUD announces funds for homeless programs
- Major bitcoin conference is not accepting bitcoin as payment
- Genworth Financial (GNW) Lifted to "Hold" at Zacks Investment Research
- The Southwest Airlines Company (LUV) - Investment Analysts' Weekly Ratings Changes
- Bayern Munich to battle Arsenal, Man United over Schalke midfielder, Goretzka
- Billie Jean King says it's time to rename Margaret Court Arena
- European Union wants world's fastest supercomputer by 2023 for €1B