Oprah Winfrey's impassioned Golden Globes speech has sparked a lot of talk about her potential presidential aspirations - but how realistic is the prospect of another TV celebrity in the White House? "I don't think she's going to run", he said. Social media basically went insane on why Oprah should run for Presidency in 2020 despite the star previously stating that there will be no running of any office for her.
But Trump said he doesn't think she'll run.
"I have people calling me - very important names that I won't name - who said, 'I will be her campaign manager". "I think one of the arguments against Oprah is 45". Those under 40 are far more likely to choose Winfrey over Trump as the nation's next president than their elders are. "You know, I was up talking to her very late late last night". Those individuals note that approval ratings tend to crash immediately once an individual announces their intent to run for office, and point to her lack of legislating experience as a potential liability for her.
"She's popular, she's brilliant, she's a wonderful woman", he said at the time.
"I don't think she is actively considering it, I don't think she is actively considering it at this time", King said.
"I think I'd win", he said when pressed if he'd ever take the presidential plunge. She wasn't thinking in those terms.
"That's what I thought", she continued.
King also said that Winfrey was wholly behind her Golden Globes speech, getting some advice from one of her O, The Oprah Magazine editors, but mainly penning it herself. So she knew that she wanted to say something significant.
Nothing against Ms. Winfrey; she's an exceedingly admirable figure. "She's good. She's great".
"Oh I forgot, that's right.... you'd heard the rumours but you had no idea he was actually serially assaulting young stary-eyed actresses who in turn had no idea what they were getting into".
- Tide was in danger of losing Tagovailoa, former OC Kiffin says
- Rory McIlroy reveals heart irregularity he has 'to keep on top of'
- Jose Mourinho calls for end to Antonio Conte feud
- Didi Chuxing buys control of 99, Brazil's leading ride-hail app
- Texas A&M Women's Basketball: No. 17 Aggies upset No. 6 Tennessee
- James Franco Accuser Under Fire For Tweet About Ruining People's Lives
- To those who still deny that Trump is racist
- Macquarie Lowers Interpublic Group of Companies (IPG) to Underperform
- Donald Trump Reiterates Support For 'Merit Based' Immigration
- Donald Trump has cancelled his visit to the United Kingdom next month