In his Twitter post from Friday morning, Stoops wrote: "I've chose to stay home and go to school and play football at the University of Oklahoma".
Drake has offers from Iowa, Ohio, Memphis, Arkansas State and a couple other FBS programs.
Stoops is a three-star prospect, according Rivals.com, and is one of the top players from the state of Oklahoma.
Stoops, a Norman North receiver, announced his decision on Twitter in a post titled, "The Next Chapter".
In a social media message, he thanked schools that invested their time and interest in him before announcing he was going to stay home.
Stoops is coming to Oklahoma as a preferred walk-on for the Sooners. He abruptly retired prior to the 2017 season, leaving defensive coordinator Mike Stoops as the only member of the family left in Norman. This season, he caught 67 passes for 1,093 yards and 15 touchdowns in 10 games.
- 'John Wick' TV Show 'The Continental' Could Feature Keanu Reeves [TCA 2018]
- White Teacher Won't Be Punished For Threatening Black Student With Lynching
- Officer-involved shooting suspect added to TBI's Top 10 Most Wanted list
- Malaysia ranked among the safest nations in new U.S. travel advisory
- Crystal Palace boss Roy Hodgson: 'I can't sign lots of players'
- Oil rises on inventory drawdown, Iran unrest
- HBO Boss Talks Timetable For 'Game Of Thrones' Prequels & 'Confederate' Series
- Betting On Mondelez International, Inc. (NASDAQ:MDLZ) ?
- NY City Councilmen Arrested as Immigrant Rights Leader Is Detained
- Navios Maritime Partners LP (NMM) Triple EMA Gaining Momentum