As Jaclynn Ashly pointed out in an Al Jazeera article in September 2017, "Ahed Tamimi was just 14 when she rose to global prominence through the release of a video and a series of photos capturing her desperate attempts to save her 11-year-old brother, Mohammad, from the grips of an Israeli soldier in 2015".
Violence since Trump's decision has left dozens of Palestinians dead, with most killed in clashes with Israeli forces. Israeli sources did not comment on the incident.
They then move backwards after Tamimi's mother Nariman gets involved.
Footage of Ahed Tamimi, 17, and her cousin confronting the heavily-armed soldiers on December 15 was shared widely by Palestinians on Facebook. However, the need for further investigation is questionable, and the judge has stated there is no way to know if she is a further threat to public safety.
Tamimi's lawyer, Gaby Lasky, said she was certain some of the charges would eventually be dismissed, but nonetheless prosecutors may seek the maximum penalty for other counts.
The teenager, recognisable from her shock of blonde hair, has several times been at the centre of the propaganda war between Israelis and Palestinians. After the initial attack on the soldiers, Nariman continued to film Ahed deliver a message of resistance, in which she urges others to join in protests against Israel. She was allegedly interrogated for hours and forced to confess the crimes.
It may be noted that she was arrested from West Bank and taken into occupied territory which is the violation of worldwide laws.
The documentary, Radiance of Resistance, looks at the Palestine-Israeli conflict through her eyes and those of another young female activist and was due to be shown at the Singapore Palestinian Film Festival on Thursday. Arrested minors are subjected to physical and mental abuse.
- Genworth Financial (GNW) Lifted to "Hold" at Zacks Investment Research
- Major bitcoin conference is not accepting bitcoin as payment
- Boss still in dark over January budget
- Entercom Communications (ETM) Receives Daily Media Impact Score of 0.14
- HUD announces funds for homeless programs
- Walt Disney Co (NYSE:DIS) Holdings Trimmed by Barry Investment Advisors LLC
- Share Activity Lifted for South Korea Index MSCI Ishares (EWY) Moving 0.55%
- Scripps Networks Interactive (SNI) Upgraded by BidaskClub to "Sell"
- Billie Jean King says it's time to rename Margaret Court Arena
- Noble Midstream Partners LP (NBLX) Higher 7.26% Over the Last Month