"I didn't want to delve into the world of politics because I felt I lost control", she revealed during a previously aired episode of the "Making Oprah" podcast.
Seal clarified his intentions in posting a meme on Instagram Wednesday that appeared to accuse Oprah of being aware of Harvey Weinstein's alleged sexual misconduct and "being part of the problem for decades".
Seal's post was, unsurprisingly, met with a mixed response, with some followers agreeing with the singer and others questioning Seal's own past.
For an added point he hash-tagged the post with '#SanctimoniousHollywood'.
But to Seal, born Henry Olusegun Adeola Samuel, the fact that she was an acquaintance of Weinstein apparently made Oprah complicit in Weinstein's long and dark history of sexual assault.
The Sun Online has approached Oprah's representatives for comment.
The speech sparked calls from celebrities and other media figures for Winfrey to run, and within a day, sources had told CNN's Brian Stelter that the media mogul, talk show host, and actress was "actively thinking" about running.
Oprah's heartfelt stories and podium-pounding climax sparked cheers and applause that reminded me of rising IL state Sen.
Seal's reference to people believing Oprah is the "solution" comes after she delivered a powerful speech at the Golden Globes in which she referenced the #MeToo movement and "women who have endured years of abuse and assault".
President Trump said he would beat Oprah Winfrey in the 2020 presidential election. However, that didn't stop the late-night world from weighing in on how she would stack up against the TV star who now resides in the White House, President Donald Trump. For the rest of us, I've got some new ones for you.
Juanita Broaddrick, a now 75-year-old who has said for decades that former president Bill Clinton raped her in 1978 also went on Twitter to blast Winfrey and her hypocrisy, the Washington Times reports.
- NFL Playoffs: Divisional round quarterback rankings
- Trader's Buzzers: Nxt-ID, Inc. (NXTD), Duke Energy Corporation (DUK)
- QUALCOMM, Inc. (QCOM) Shares Bought by Xact Kapitalforvaltning AB
- Nigel Farage misspoke on second referendum, suggests UKIP leader
- Supermassive Black Hole is Caught Letting Out Massive 'Burps'
- Djokovic fears Nadal and Fed in Melbourne
- Waldron LP Has $729000 Stake in Gilead Sciences, Inc. (GILD)
- Carolina LB Davis announces retirement following 2018 season
- Near term Outlook For United Continental Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:UAL)
- New Black Panther Featurette Focuses On Dora Milaje