Its author Wolff, who was given the run of the White House for more than a year, says it was based on more than 200 interviews with Mr Trump and his associates, including senior staff such as former chief strategist Steve Bannon.
He initially left Breitbart in 2016 to lead Mr Trump's unconventional election campaign.
President Donald Trump and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu participate in a joint news conference in the East Room of the White House in Washington, Wednesday, Feb. 15, 2017.
The move comes days after Bannon reversed course from comments he made about Donald Trump Jr.in a new book about the Trump presidency by Michael Wolff.
Michael Wolff stands in the lobby of Trump Tower in NY in 2017.
Some buyers have apparently confused it with Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House, by journalist Michael Wolff.
Wolff's book, released on Friday, sent shockwaves through the Trump administration with fiery quotes about the Trump family and numerous claims about the president's intelligence and competence. "It's in his imagination", Trump said Saturday. He backed Republican ex-Judge Roy Moore in Alabama's Republican Senate primary over then-Sen. "Ran for president one time and won".
A person familiar with Breitbart said that the advertising boycott had been a major hit to the organization, and that Rebekah Mercer didn't want to continue to fund it.
"Breitbart depends on private financing because they experienced this massive advertiser boycott", said Kurt Bardella, a former Breitbart spokesman.
Mercer publicly broke from Bannon in a statement last week after months of distancing herself from him.
Steve Bannon is stepping down from Breitbart News.
President Donald Trump and his supporters have called the book fiction, and Trump attorney Charles J. Harder last week sent a cease-and-desist letter to Henry Holt & Company, threatening legal action.
Reports immediately surfaced that Breitbart executives had begun discussions about life after the man responsible for turning it into a voice of the alt-right.
"Steve is a valued part of our legacy", Solov said, "And we will always be grateful for his contributions, and what he has helped us to accomplish".
- Oprah Winfrey "intrigued by the idea" of Running for US President
- Steady Activities: Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. (JEC), Activision Blizzard, Inc. (ATVI)
- Iran sanctions: Tehran vows retaliation over Trump move
- Brady bullish in focus on Titans
- London reacts to Trump snub
- After Trump Remark, John Lewis Will Skip State of the Union
- Tech, health care lead U.S. stocks lower
- Kate Couric on Matt Lauer: 'I Had No Idea'
- SG Americas Securities LLC Takes Position in American States Water Company (AWR)
- Which Insider sold 75021 Shares Of Cisco Systems, Inc. (CSCO)?