He says he'll get an electrocardiogram every six months and an MRI once per year.
Four times major champion Rory McIlroy has taken to social media to downplay a report that he suffered a "heart scare" in 2016.
Health concerns aside, McIlroy sounded an extremely optimistic tone about once again establishing himself as one of the sport's top contenders, proclaiming: "Maybe before, I had to win from the front".
That doesn't sound great, obviously, but it also doesn't sound like it will affect his swing like the rib injury did past year. "Hey, I was planning on doing that anyway".
"The rib's fine, no problems whatsoever - I had an MRI scan on my thoracic spine and all was OK", McIlroy told the Telegraph Friday. Let's just say that between now and when I signed off past year, I feel way more optimistic, focused, motivated, purposeful. I don't fear any of them. McIlroy said that the issue came about due to his contracting a viral infection while in China. I've beaten them before.
McIlroy, who suffered from a rib injury for most of last season, is slated to return to the PGA TOUR at the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am in February after playing in the Middle East on the European Tour.
Four-time major victor McIlroy returns to the golf course next week in the Abu Dhabi Championship after a four-month break as he recovered from a rib injury.
"I got injured at the Players and should have said, 'yeah, I'll miss a major, ' because I was only there to get by and you can't win a major by 'getting by'".
"I don't feel I need to compare myself to anyone else, because I know what I can do". "I don't care about the world rankings".
After failing to make it to the Tour Championship, McIlroy played twice more in Europe before shutting it down in early October to regroup.
- Marvell Technology Group Ltd. (NASDAQ: MRVL) - Do Analysts Think You Should Buy
- Didi Chuxing buys control of 99, Brazil's leading ride-hail app
- When Was the Last Time Meghan Markle Spoke to Her Half Sister?
- Macquarie Lowers Interpublic Group of Companies (IPG) to Underperform
- Donald Trump Reiterates Support For 'Merit Based' Immigration
- Author of Trump dossier said feds had a mole in Trump campaign
- Surgeon who burned initials onto patients' livers fined $13600
- Bill Cosby: 'Please Don't Put Me on #MeToo'
- Supreme Court Agrees to Consider Internet Sales Taxes
- 'Mississippi Burning' killer and KKK leader dies in prison