The Smart Display also lets you place voice calls, or simply watch Youtube.
It is true that similar functions could be available on a smartphone, and it is if you want to use Google Assistant there. Early photos of smart displays from partners like Lenovo show sleek rectangular devices meant to stand up on a counter like a picture frame. Amazon's Echo Show on the other hand comes with a 7-inch display.
Smart displays are very much like existing Assistant smart speakers, but surface contextual information on the screen, in addition to verbal responses.
Lenovo's variant of the smart display will come in two options, the first will sport an 8-inch display and will be priced at $200 (Approximately Rs 12,742).
The new Lenovo Smart Display is pretty basic white with either a bamboo or soft-touch matte plastic back
JBL introduced the wireless Everest headphones, compatible with Google Assistant. Google further said that Smart displays from JBL, Lenovo, LG will be based on the Qualcomm SD624 Home Hub Platform and the one from Sony will be based on the MediaTek MT8173 SoM.
The Smart Displays can answer questions, show reminders and display your Nest cam feed.As you might expect, the Smart Display can answer questions, fetch the weather and traffic, stream music, as well as show you your schedule. Not only are we seeing them in speakers, televisions and headphones but now also in a smaller "smart display".
Lenovo made 8-inch and a 10-inch model of the Smart Display, with the main differences between them being screen resolution and color.
A physical button on the chassis allows you to mute the device when you aren't planning to use it. Making and receiving calls can be done completely via voice, while the camera itself has a physical shutter to ensure greater privacy for users. Whereas the Echo Show has this odd retro '70s TV vibe, the Smart Display is stark white with either a bamboo or soft-touch matte plastic back. Altec Lansing has unveiled a new line of speakers with Google Assistant built right in (H/T The Verge).
- Author of Trump dossier said feds had a mole in Trump campaign
- To those who still deny that Trump is racist
- Surgeon who burned initials onto patients' livers fined $13600
- Analyst Stock Ratings: Sears Holdings Corporation (SHLD), Yuma Energy, Inc. (YUMA)
- Exemption granted for girl, 11, to use medical marijuana at Schaumburg school
- Accenture LTD (NYSE:ACN) Institutional Investor Sentiment Trend
- Critics Laud The Post As 2018's Best Movie!
- Trump Slams Feinstein Over Russia Info Release
- BBC 'deeply unimpressed' over Carrie Gracie pay jokes
- Has Kyrie Irving Changed Tune On Flat-Earth Theory During London Visit?