In a major blow to South Africa, team's one of the efficient bowler Dale Steyn has been injured in the first Test being played in Johannesburg's Newlands.
Initial scans showed tissue damage around the bottom of Steyn's foot and near the heel, Moosajee said, and Steyn wouldn't be able to bowl again in the Test in Cape Town.
It's the third time in his last five tests that Steyn has been injured during the game and hasn't been able to continue bowling.
Ngidi is yet to make his Test or ODI debut, but has played 3 T20Is. He was then part of the South African A side that toured England where he suffered a back injury.
"This unfortunate injury was freakish because of the way he landed in the footholds, and is in no way related to his bowling loads or not being match ready", he further added.
Both Olivier and Ngidi are now playing in the domestic one-day cup and will compete with allrounders Chris Morris and Andile Phehlukwayo for one spot in the final XI, with conditions on the Highveld set to suit an attack of four seamers.
He will be sidelined for up to six weeks‚ and could get a crack at taking the three wickets he needs to overhaul Shaun Pollock as South Africa's champion test bowler when the series against Australia starts at Kingsmead on March 1.
Faf du Plessis (C), Hashim Amla, Temba Bavuma, Theunis de Bruyn, Quinton de Kock (wk), AB de Villiers, Dean Elgar, Keshav Maharaj, Aiden Markram, Morne Morkel, Chris Morris, Andile Phehlukwayo, Vernon Philander, Kagiso Rabada.
- Oil prices sit at three-year highs as march to $70 slows
- Person in Custody after 'Possible Hostage Situation' on Greyhound Bus
- Berks-area lawmakers respond to Trump's immigration comments
- 'Sh*thole' epithet turned immigration debate into new Trump drama
- N Korea offers talks on sending art troupe to Olympics
- Trump says interview with Russian Federation investigator 'unlikely'
- Boat carrying schoolchildren capsizes off Dahanu in Maharashtra
- Giggs interviewed to be new Wales manager
- Mudslides And Flooding Kill 13 In Southern California
- Steelers WR Brown will be game-day decision