The former Ajax man is understood to be one of the players unhappy with Spurs' wage structure, however, the player remains happy at the club and is expected to sign a new contract. Los Blancos have previously seen the Tottenham supremo, who has earned a reputation as a tough negotiator, prove no pushover in the signings of Luka Modric and Gareth Bale from the North London club. Notably, Tottenham hasn't been involved in any transfer this month.
It is hard to imagine United financing that deal and Kane would probably look at their ongoing transitional period and decide that better prospects lay elsewhere.
The 28-year-old is one of a number of players being offered new deals, with two new names emerging this morning.
Spurs will be hoping to sneak into the Champions League places ahead of Liverpool (who face Manchester City on Sunday) with a win against the Toffees. But PSG have already displayed their readiness to break all records by signing Neymar and agreeing a €180m permanent fee with Monaco to turn Kylian Mbappe's loan into a permanent deal in the summer.
Tottenham are unbeaten in their last 10 Premier League games against Everton (W5 D5), their longest such run against them since a run of 13 between 1997 and 2003. From the beginning he played - my first game he was in the starting XI - and little by little I trusted in different players and then we changed the style of play of Tottenham and then started to use [Erik] Lamela and [Christian] Eriksen in his position.
He has endured a stop-start campaign with the Lilywhites, and has hardly endeared himself to the Spurs faithful, after making disparaging comments regarding the club's ambition.
During that time, there has been speculation over his future at the club.
- Oprah Winfrey "intrigued by the idea" of Running for US President
- Warren Buffett's Succession Plan Is Down to Two
- Should You Hold Signet Jewelers Limited (NYSE:SIG)
- (XOM) Stake Lowered by Bollard Group LLC
- Iran sanctions: Tehran vows retaliation over Trump move
- Brady bullish in focus on Titans
- Traders Sell Amazon.com (AMZN) on Strength
- Continental Resources (CLR) Raised to "Strong-Buy" at Zacks Investment Research
- Root, Gayle, Stokes among star attractions in IPL auction
- Tech, health care lead U.S. stocks lower