Banks either hit her wrong with a dropkick to the back or Paige wasn't prepared for the move. She underwent neck surgery in October 2016. It's believed that Paige was given the news this past Monday, Jan. 8, at the Raw taping. The match was immediately stopped, and even though a stretcher was brought out to the ring, she was able to walk to the back under her own steam. She has had a role on Total Divas in the past as well. So if she really is "done" with wrestling, then they must have determined she's too injured to continue her in-ring career.
Paige was originally scheduled to perform in the first-ever women's Royal Rumble match this month.
Paige just recently came back from a neck injury after a long 17 months away from the ring.
Paige will have to be written off of the 2018 Royal Rumble. Paige finally returned to WWE TV in November 2017, joining up with new NXT call-ups Sonya Deville and Mandy Rose to form the faction Absolution. Paige reportedly "was informed this week that she will not be cleared to return to the ring after her most recent in-ring injury", sources told the site.
There is still no official confirmation from the WWE or Paige herself concerning the issue, so there is a slight chance these reports are false.
The night after WrestleMania XXX in April 2014, Paige made a surprise debut on Raw, officially transitioning over to the main WWE roster. In 2013, NXT held a tournament to crown its first women's champion, which Paige won, defeating Emma in the finals. WWE could also possibly involve her in future film projects or have her become a coach. One of the characters in the film is based on Paige.
Earlier today, Paige posted the following on Instagram, referring to a "setback", however it remains unclear as to what the WWE Raw star was referring.
- Global stocks recover from wobble as European Central Bank sends euro, yields higher
- Celgene (CELG) PT Set at $110.00 by Deutsche Bank
- GKN reject takeover bid that values the company at £7bn
- Pioneer Natural Resources Company (PXD)
- Discover Financial Services (DFS) Rating Reiterated by Jefferies Group
- Equity Residential (NYSE:EQR) Earns Media Impact Score of 0.18
- Halliburton Company (NYSE:HAL) Growth Estimates in Focus
- Is supermodel Bella Hadid dating National Basketball Association star Jordan Clarkson?
- German Coalition Talks Drag Deep Into The Night As Deadline Nears
- North Carolina Congressional Map Ruled 'An Unconstitutional Partisan Gerrymander'