Her show has helped raise discussion in the United States on issues ranging from women's rights to abusive puppy breeding mills, while her endorsement power is avidly sought by the publishing industry.
With over 300 celebrities involved in the creation of the Time's Up Defence Fund, it's no surprise that the initiative made its way to the Golden Globes red carpet, with celebrities sporting a pin to symbolise the movement.
I'd never seen a black man being celebrated like that. "And some pretty phenomenal men, fighting hard to make sure that they become the leaders who take us to the time when nobody ever has to say "me too" again".
She and most people at the awards wore black to show support for Time's Up anti-sexual harassment and pro-equality in the workplace fundraising campaign. I mean, she's lovely and incredible, but haven't we learned that we shouldn't put TV stars with no governing experience in the Oval Office?
In her acceptance speech, Moss said: "Margaret Atwood, this is for you, and all of the women who came before you and after you who were courageous enough to speak out against intolerance and injustice and to fight for equality and freedom in this world".
A video of a past interview with Trump praising Winfrey has begun recirculating, showing the now-president revealing she'd be his top pick to be vice president.
She closed her speech with a call for unity, "I want all the girls watching to know a new day is on the horizon".
"I absolutely don't think her position has changed", King said on "CBS This Morning".
Most powerfully, she told the story of Recy Taylor, an African-American woman who in 1944 was gang raped as she walked home from church.
Winfrey said while there was no justice for Taylor, whose attackers were never prosecuted, her truth lived on in the work of civil rights icon Rosa Parks, an ACLU investigator on Taylor's case.
The urge to retweet by Milano hds sparked the hashtag as several women started to write on social networking sites #MeToo and some of them even shared their own experiences.
He said: "I don't think anyone is questioning the breadth of her accomplishments". What I am arguing is that she knew what sort of chatter giving a speech like she gave in a moment like this one would create.
- Donald Trump to undergo medical exam - but it won't include psychiatric tests
- Freezing Rain this Afternoon Before Snow Tonight-Saturday AM
- Testimony Reveals Fusion GPS Tried to Kill FBI Clinton Investigation
- Detective Pikachu Gets a Western Release, Huge Amiibo
- Oppenheimer Raises Equinix (EQIX) Price Target to $525.00
- Northam requests Virginia exemption from Trump's offshore drilling plan
- PNC Financial Services Group (PNC) Given Hold Rating at Credit Suisse Group
- Recall of Ice Cream Bars for Possible Listeria Monocytogenes Contamination Expands
- Institutional Investors Are Dumping General Motors Co (NYSE:GM)
- Canada hate crime: Schoolgirl attacked with scissors over hijab