"Black Panther" broke Marvel presale records when it aired during the College Football Playoff National Championship game, according to Fandango managing editor, Erik Davis. Neither of these woman have worked on a Marvel movie before, and this just goes to show you how important it is that new talents be brought in to even the most established franchises to bring in some new style and perspective. The film will open in theaters on February 16.
Excited yet? While it's still too soon for Disney to release its official projections, industry analysts believe Black Panther is headed for an $80 million debut in North America, with a possible shot at $100m-plus - providing the film is deemed a hit among critics, which we imagine it will be. Boseman debuted as Black Panther on the big screen past year in Captain America: Civil War.
Black Panther has a lot going for it at the moment.
Marvel Studios' "Black Panther" follows T'Challa who, after the death of his father, the King of Wakanda, returns home to the isolated, technologically advanced African nation to succeed to the throne and take his rightful place as king. Looks like Ryan Coogler will get a bigger paycheck for Black Panther 2. T'Challa's homeland was briefly glimpsed during the closing moments of Captain America: Civil War, but this will be the first time that Wakanda has been fully depicted in live-action. The first 24 hours of ticket pre-sales for the film were theon Fandango. "It's one of the biggest and most anticipated movies to ever open in the month of February, and its trailers have electrified the internet. 'Get your tickets now!'" You might want to circle a date, and soon, because this one will be playing to packed houses for at least its opening weekend.
- Enterprise Products Partners LP (EPD) Stake Held by Jacobus Wealth Management Inc
- Waldron LP Has $729000 Stake in Gilead Sciences, Inc. (GILD)
- Dreamers Protection Has To Come With Border Wall
- Wahlberg refused to work with Plummer until he was paid $1 mn
- Donald Trump to undergo medical exam - but it won't include psychiatric tests
- Trader's Buzzers: Nxt-ID, Inc. (NXTD), Duke Energy Corporation (DUK)
- Northam requests Virginia exemption from Trump's offshore drilling plan
- Djokovic fears Nadal and Fed in Melbourne
- Texas father charged with capital murder in adopted girl's death
- Are Analysts Bullish Verizon Communications Inc