Police say 28-year-old Matthew Nicholson was alone in his room late Thursday when he started raging, yelling out in anger, after losing in a video game.
A 28-year-old Ceres man is being held without bail after police said he fatally shot his mother in the head, blaming her for breaking his video-game headset during an argument. His mother, 68-year-old Lydia Nicholson, had entered to check on him after hearing him yelling while playing his game.
Lydia Nicholson, 68, later died from her injuries at the hospital.
After threatening to kill both his mother and father, police say Nicholson used a handgun to shoot two rounds into the wall and then shot his mother in the head.
His father, Loren Nicholson, 81, wrestled the gun out of his hands.
Nicholson then blamed her for the broken headset and threatened to kill the victim and Nicholson's father. Nicholson then ran out and began driving to a relative's home in Riverbank.
Officers were quickly able to locate his vehicle during a high risk vehicle stop in Riverbank.
Nicholson's father wrestled the gun away from Nicholson, who got in a auto and drove to a relative's home in Riverbank, police said.
Loren Nicholson then called the police, at around 9:50 pm, to report the crime and call for medical attention for his wife.
Matthew Nicholson's sister Autumn White paid tribute to their mother and wrote, "I will forever love you, my best friend, my chosen one, my always, my forever my protector, my motivation, my blessing, and now my guardian angel".
Nicholson was booked into the Stanislaus County Jail on suspicion of homicide.
- Course record sees Saddier take joint SA Open lead
- Ibnale Sells 12500 Shares of Ultra Clean Holdings Inc (UCTT) Stock
- Army Chief's 'sermons on education' uncalled for: J&K minister
- Dark Souls Remastered upgraded for PS4 Pro, Xbox One X, PC
- What's Next for Lennar Corporation (LEN) After Achieving 52-Week High?
- Trump in 'excellent health,' doctor says after first physical
- Bristol Advisors LLC Has $409000 Position in BHP Billiton Limited (BHP)
- Short Term Outlook For CenturyLink, Inc. (NYSE:CTL)
- Trump shock: "Non voglio immigrati da Paesi-cesso"
- Cytori Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ:CYTX) Short Interest Down 35.6% in December