As the Switch has sold over 10 million units, meeting Nintendo's internal fiscal year estimates, it's only natural developers and publishers are seeing it as a major entry in the current console gen race. As a single player game, Dark Souls presents a tight and polished experience with the player constantly chasing that new piece of loot, or that next soul level, or the next boss battle. Dark Souls Remastered is coming for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on May 25. The remaster is a complete rework of the game from the ground up in a new game engine and will be available for PS4, Xbox, PC, and Switch. However, that excitement may now be diminished for the PS4 crowd, as it has just revealed there was one fairly significant mistake made in the post: contrary to what was initially stated, the PS4 Pro version of Dark Souls: Remastered won't feature HDR Lighting.
The fact that it doesn't run at true 4k on the Xbox One X did disappoint some gamers especially since the console comes with a $499.99 price tag. Switch owners meanwhile will be able to squeeze out 30 FPS at 1080p when the system is docked. Apromexitly in 4 months, we can play the original Dark Souls at 4k with a PC or we can play it on a plane with the Nintendo Switch. Some games try to scare you with bump-in-the-night shocks and far-off howls, but Dark Souls doesn't require such predictable methods of terror. Dark Souls Remastered will see the original title from Bandai Namco re-released with graphical updates and improved multiplayer features; and importantly includes the Artorias of the Abyss DLC. Until the company releases more in-game screenshots, we strongly suggest tempering your expectations!
- 2-Minute Drill: NFL Divisional Round Picks
- All you need to know about the Aus Open draw
- What's Behind the Numbers For MGM Resorts International (NYSE:MGM)?
- Government to hold pensions talks with Carillion
- Brokerages Set Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO) Price Target at $1.83
- Global East Ball Valve Market Vendors: Kitz, Tyco, Flowserve, Emerson and Cameron
- Dancing on Ice commentator QUITS skating show after just one episode
- Lindsay Lohan is Apparently Designing Her Very Own "Lohan Island" in Dubai
- House lawmakers approve crackdown on 'sanctuary cities' in Florida
- Chicago Bridge & Iron (NYSE:CBI) Receives Media Impact Score of 0.08