The 39-year-old replaces racing reporter Matt Chapman, who has left the ITV series after just one episode of the 2018 series - so who is the man who follows in the skate tracks of Tony Gubba and Simon Reed on the mic rinkside?
A spokesperson for the ice skating reality competition confirmed to the MailOnline that Matt had made a decision to quit, explaining: "We can confirm that Matt Chapman has left the show, and wish him all the very best and look forward to him reporting at ITV Racing at Warwick this weekend".
Insiders hinted that Matt, who has previously worked on the Racing Post, struggled with diary clashes, forcing him to pull out.
Ben then asked Iain if he had any experience when it comes to commenting on skating, with Iain responding: "Yeah.hundreds of times", before Ben then joked: "That would give you more experience than the other guy".
Since 2011 he has been a regular part of ITV Sport's commentary team, covering events such as the Africa Cup of Nations and 2014 World Cup.
'Whoever thought to get a racing commentator for dancing on ice should be fired straight away!ruining a very entertaining show #DancingOnIce', slammed one viewer.
"After Sunday's show Matt told producers they would have to look elsewhere for a commentator for the rest of the series".
"That commentator was absolutely dire", wrote one fan after the programme aired. He took over the reins from late legendary broadcaster Tony Gubba. He passed away 2013 following a short illness.
X-Factor alum Jake Quickenden immediately shot to the top of the leader board after an impressive first performance with partner Vanessa Bauer, while baker Candice Brown fell flat after an "anxious" first try, and found herself in the dreaded skate-off, which will take place next weekend.
- Macquarie Lowers Interpublic Group of Companies (IPG) to Underperform
- Trump Says He'd Beat Oprah If She Runs For President
- Government to hold pensions talks with Carillion
- Bill Cosby: 'Please Don't Put Me on #MeToo'
- UN envoy says no change in US position on North Korea talks
- Trump Declares Collusion Between Democrats And Russians During Joint Press Conference
- Golar LNG Limited (GLNG) Receives Consensus Rating of "Buy" from Analysts
- BBC 'deeply unimpressed' over Carrie Gracie pay jokes
- Qualcomm's Home Hub platform will bring Google Assistant to more people
- Donald Trump has cancelled his visit to the United Kingdom next month