Informant and transgender extremist Chelsea Manning has documented to keep running for a U.S. Senate situate in Maryland, The Washington Post reports. Ben Cardin, Maryland's senior congressperson, for the gathering assignment in November. Cardin is expected to a win the race to serve a third term.
Manning declared her intentions January 5 with the Federal Election Commission, which posted the document on its website Thursday.
Manning, 30, came out transgender on the day after she was sentenced. Cardin is Maryland's senior USA senator.
Manning was convicted of leaking sensitive military information to Wikileaks in 2010 but had her prison sentence commuted by President Obama before he left office.
Manning did not immediately respond to a request for comment, nor had she released a statement announcing her candidacy as of midafternoon Saturday. Manning pleaded guilty to some charges but was acquitted of the most serious charge brought against her: aiding the enemy.
Manning continued, "And I struggled with that, but the intention was very much like, 'This is about improving the country".
- SG Americas Securities LLC Takes Position in American States Water Company (AWR)
- CES Bought To A Standstill After Massive Power Failure
- Stock In Spotlight: Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company (NYSE:HPE)
- Root, Gayle, Stokes among star attractions in IPL auction
- LNZ Capital LP Purchases Shares of 2046528 PPL Corporation (PPL)
- Steady Activities: Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. (JEC), Activision Blizzard, Inc. (ATVI)
- Iran sanctions: Tehran vows retaliation over Trump move
- Qatar accuses UAE of violating its airspace for a second time
- Which Insider sold 75021 Shares Of Cisco Systems, Inc. (CSCO)?
- After Trump Remark, John Lewis Will Skip State of the Union