Though Viacom 18 Motion Pictures and Bhansali have not released an official statement yet, sources in the production house said the film will release on January 25, a day before Republic Day. The movie has been facing protests from various groups, particularly Shri Rajput Karni Sena, for allegedly tampering with historical facts. "This has already been communicated by CBFC and a UA certificate has been given to the film".
India's Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) chairperson Prasoon Joshi on Tuesday refuted a report that the "modifications" demanded by the censor board in the historical drama have resulted in 300 cuts. It was decided at the meeting that the movie will be given a U/A certification as long as the makers incorporate suggestions and modifications suggested.
The Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) last week announced its decision to grant the certification to the controversial Bhansali directorial - subject to five modifications including a title change.
Padmaavat row | Security beefed up outside CBFC office, Karni Sena protestors get detained
The spokesperson said, "We appreciate the balanced and considered approach that the CBFC has taken to address this situation". We firmly deny all speculation on extensive cuts to the film and want to reiterate that only the above changes and disclaimers (as) per guidance of the CBFC have been made. "When I look back at this year, it has been one of the most exciting years in my career - to be doing "Padmavati", to be a part of a film which I really believe is going to be historic and remembered, if I may say so", he said. With the official handles changing the film's title, it seems like the title have now changed to "Padmaavat". The Ghoomar song was also asked to be changed to fit the character in it. All the two actors will be under round-the-clock security cover until the release of the movie.
- Oprah 2020 Whispers Turn to Shouts After Golden Globe Speech
- DISH Network (DISH) Receiving Somewhat Favorable Media Coverage, Analysis Shows
- Detective Pikachu Gets a Western Release, Huge Amiibo
- Near term Outlook For United Continental Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:UAL)
- Enterprise Products Partners LP (EPD) Stake Held by Jacobus Wealth Management Inc
- Recall of Ice Cream Bars for Possible Listeria Monocytogenes Contamination Expands
- Super Bowl protests won't be ignored, NBC says
- Suspect Arrested In Rihanna's Cousin's Murder
- Canada hate crime: Schoolgirl attacked with scissors over hijab
- Federation Internationale de Football Association 18 And MLS Team Up For New Esports League