Though Viacom 18 Motion Pictures and Bhansali have not released an official statement yet, sources in the production house said the film will release on January 25, a day before Republic Day. The movie has been facing protests from various groups, particularly Shri Rajput Karni Sena, for allegedly tampering with historical facts. "This has already been communicated by CBFC and a UA certificate has been given to the film".
India's Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) chairperson Prasoon Joshi on Tuesday refuted a report that the "modifications" demanded by the censor board in the historical drama have resulted in 300 cuts. It was decided at the meeting that the movie will be given a U/A certification as long as the makers incorporate suggestions and modifications suggested.
The Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) last week announced its decision to grant the certification to the controversial Bhansali directorial - subject to five modifications including a title change.
CBFC Certified Deepika Padukone's Padmaavat After 300 Cuts? Makers React!
The spokesperson said, "We appreciate the balanced and considered approach that the CBFC has taken to address this situation". We firmly deny all speculation on extensive cuts to the film and want to reiterate that only the above changes and disclaimers (as) per guidance of the CBFC have been made. "When I look back at this year, it has been one of the most exciting years in my career - to be doing "Padmavati", to be a part of a film which I really believe is going to be historic and remembered, if I may say so", he said. With the official handles changing the film's title, it seems like the title have now changed to "Padmaavat". The Ghoomar song was also asked to be changed to fit the character in it. All the two actors will be under round-the-clock security cover until the release of the movie.
- Trump cancels London trip over 'bad' Embassy deal
- Detective Pikachu Gets a Western Release, Huge Amiibo
- Donald Trump to undergo medical exam - but it won't include psychiatric tests
- Deontay Wilder to defend world title against Luis Ortiz
- Predictions for Every NFL Divisional Playoff Game
- PNC Financial Services Group (PNC) Given Hold Rating at Credit Suisse Group
- Testimony Reveals Fusion GPS Tried to Kill FBI Clinton Investigation
- Freezing Rain this Afternoon Before Snow Tonight-Saturday AM
- United Kingdom minister resigns after rejecting PM's reshuffle: govt source
- South Africa's Du Plessis surprised by brown pitch