"Never said anything derogatory about Haitians other than Haiti is, obviously, a very poor and troubled country", he tweeted.
Hillary Clinton hit back at her former political opponent Donald Trump, accusing the man who beat her of holding "ignorant, racist" views.
Senegal's foreign ministry also called in the US ambassador in Dakar to demonstrate its displeasure, a US State Department official said.
The union also demanded that Trump formally retract the statement and deliver "an apology not only to the Africans but to all people of African descent around the globe".
She described the USA as "a global example of how migration gave birth to a nation built on strong values of diversity and opportunity".
In a shocking outburst at the Oval Office, according to the Washington Post, Trump reputedly said: "Why are we having all these people from s***hole countries come here?"
DACA shields almost 800,000 young immigrants from deportation by allowing them to work and study legally in the United States.
El Salvador, also facing an end to protected status for its 200,000 citizens living in the United States, sent a formal letter of protest to the USA government over the comments.
"The words of a president are very powerful words and unfortunately this president has used his words to demean and belittle, instead of uplifting people".
How the President responds may yet determine if a deal is salvageable.
"Following comments by the President, I said my piece directly to him yesterday", said Graham, who was part of a bipartisan proposal on immigration that Trump rejected at the meeting.
Several commentators compared Mr Trump's depiction of immigrants from some countries to the treatment that Irish people received in previous times, including MSNBC news presenter Lawrence O'Donnell. It noted that Trump's comments had immediately sparked "controversy and indignation". "There is no other word one can use but "racist".
He instead told lawmakers the U.S. should be taking in migrants from countries like Norway, whose prime minister had just visited, according to United States media. JB Pritzker, a Democrat running for IL governor, released the following statement Friday: "I've said it before and I'll say it again: Donald Trump is a racist and a xenophobe who has never had the dignity to be in the White House", said JB Pritzker.
- SD Pride will march in 2018 MLK Parade
- Hillary Clinton Calls Donald Trump "Ignorant, Racist" Over His Sh*tty Behavior
- Person in Custody after 'Possible Hostage Situation' on Greyhound Bus
- In 1999, Trump wanted Oprah to be his vice-president
- How Wisconsin politicians responded to Trump's 'shithole' comment
- Dark Souls 2 And Dark Souls 3 Coming To Nintendo Switch
- Tanger Factory Outlet Centers, Inc. - SKT - Stock Price Today
- Trump says interview with Russian Federation investigator 'unlikely'
- Oil prices sit at three-year highs as march to $70 slows
- Silicon Motion Technology (SIMO) Rating Reiterated by B. Riley