The Coast guard immediately went into rescue operations and around 35 students have been rescued. Remaining are still missing, Search operation is going on, ' Palghar SP Manjunath Singe said. A boat carrying around 40 children capsized at 11.30 am. The boat upturned about two nautical miles from the sea shore.
So far, 25 children have rescued, reports said.
"Massive rescue and relief operations are underway and District Superintendent of Police and local officials are supervising the operations", he said. So far, 32 children have been rescued.
Dahanu is a coastal town and a municipal council in Palghar district of Maharashtra state in Konkan division.
- Flu hits York County. Vaccine is less effective this year
- How Analysts Feel About Ross Stores, Inc. (NASDAQ:ROST)?
- Flood warning issued for Livingston County
- Djokovic Back, Set for Australian Open
- Facebook is about to make a huge change to your news feed
- Giggs interviewed to be new Wales manager
- Donald Trump: Shock over United States president's migrants remarks
- Winter storm to graze Oneida and Lincoln counties
- Bandai Namco Claims Dark Souls Remastered Never Had A 50% Off Deal
- Judge rules against Trump administration on rescinding DACA