During a Thursday meeting on immigration with a bipartisan group of lawmakers, Trump criticized protections the USA has given to immigrants from various underdeveloped countries.
Trump reportedly grew frustrated with immigration talks Thursday, using a crude description to describe Haiti, El Salvador and African countries. Dick Durbin, a Democrat, has said Graham objected to the president's phrasing during that meeting.
Trump's remarks were remarkable even by the standards of a president who has been accused of racism by his foes and who has routinely smashed through public decorum that his modern predecessors have generally embraced.
She said the ANC was not in a position to stop any president from any country from saying anything they wished. There is no transcript or recording of that meeting.
The president who as candidate promised to build a wall with Mexico and branded Mexicans as 'rapists, ' has introduced several travel bans on immigrants from certain Muslim-majority countries, orders that have been checked by the courts so far. It is a lovely story of America, and that is a great story and that is the story we have today and that is a story we had yesterday and that is what makes this country so exceptional and unique in the first place. Democratic Pennsylvania Senator Bob Casey tweeted,"There is no place in our nation for attacks on large groups of people based on their race, religion or country of origin, especially from the President of the United States".
Kehrnde Isa who has a masters degree and is of Nigerian origin says those who agree with President Trump's remarks are mistaken.
Despite Trump's Twitter responses, his "sh*thole" comments continue to spread and draw fury from across the world. That's where he used these vile and vulgar comments, calling the nations they come from "sh*tholes" - the exact word used by the president not just once, but repeatedly. Lindsey Graham challenged those comments, which Durbin called an act of courage.
So far, the State Department said, the U.S. charge d'affaires in Haiti and ambassador in Botswana have been called in by their hosts after Trump reportedly dubbed these countries "shitholes". "They're so abusive. I've traveled in these countries and it's horrendous what these people live in".
- Dark Souls Remastered: No HDR on PS4 Pro
- Holder Guild Investment Management INC Increased Royal Caribbean Cruises LTD (RCL) Stake
- Can analysts adopt a bullish outlook for Mastercard Incorporated (NYSE:MA)?
- Flood warning issued for Livingston County
- US Chamber of Commerce ad removes Gov. Greitens amid criminal investigation
- "Animaniacs" to be revived with two new seasons on Hulu
- Melbourne storm as Maria Sharapova is handed a starring role
- Genworth Financial (GNW) Earns Media Impact Score of 0.26
- Dark Souls Trilogy Box Set Slated to Arrive in Japan for PS4
- Giggs interviewed to be new Wales manager