Jack Wilshere suffered an ankle injury vs Conte's men and he should be replaced by Mohamed Elneny in the midfield. "If it's me in charge or somebody else, you can only do what is best for the club".
Speaking to reporters on Friday, Wenger said: 'From Wednesday night, Jack was injured but we had good news.
In a double boost, the boss also confirmed that Aaron Ramsey will be back in the squad this weekend after recovering from a hamstring injury that's kept him out for the last month.
After a round of FA Cup fixtures last week, Premier League action returns today in Gameweek 23. Olivier Giroud is two weeks away'. He's not out of the game on Sunday yet, so that is positive news. The earliest to come back is Ramsey and that is quite welcome because it's an area we're a bit short. His ankles are good, we can not say he has bad ankles now, but because of his history we always make a bit more of it. All the other players will still be out for Bournemouth.
Meanwhile the Cherries are looking to pull away from danger at the bottom of the Premier League table, as they now sit just one point and two places above the bottom three heading into this fixture.
Few expected the midfielder to miss the next few weeks after seeing him limp off the field on Wednesday night but it seems that that will not be the case.
- Oil prices sit at three-year highs as march to $70 slows
- Lindsey Graham Says He 'Said His Peace' to the President on Immigration
- ED raids Karti Chidambaram's properties in Delhi, Chennai
- Person in Custody after 'Possible Hostage Situation' on Greyhound Bus
- Donald Trump: Shock over United States president's migrants remarks
- Sam's Clubs in Wyoming will remain open amid national closures
- Proteas call up Ngidi, Olivier after Steyn injury
- Steelers WR Brown will be game-day decision
- Thomas Fire, California's Largest On Record, Is Now 100 Percent Contained
- Sarepta Therapeutics (SRPT) Receiving Somewhat Favorable Media Coverage, Study Finds