Turan has moved to Başakşehir on a two-and-a-half-year loan deal, meaning, as things stand, that he will see out the remainder of his Barcelona contract with the Turkish outfit.
Although the deal is for two and a half years, Barcelona have retained the right to sell the player to another club during that period if they receive a concrete offer to buy him, although Basksehir have the right to match that offer and make Arda their property.
Turan joined the club from Atletico Madrid for 34 million euros (£29 million) plus add-ons in July 2015, winning six trophies but only making 55 appearances and scoring 15 goals.
During his time at Camp Nou, Arda won medals in LaLiga, the Copa del Rey and the Supercopa de Espana, but failed to hit the same high standards he produced at Atleti.
Turan lifted one top flight title, two Spanish Cups and a UEFA Super Cup during his stay with Barcelona but now moves on to pastures new with Super Lig side Basaksehir. "This is not just a transfer for Basaksehir, but a transfer for all of Turkey".
Turkey's fourth-most capped player will also be hoping to return to his best for the national team after reversing his decision to retire from worldwide football in August.
Turan is a household name in his home country, where his personal life is followed as closely as his exploits on the field.
Turan played his first Liga match with Barcelona on 9 January 2016, the 17th matchday of the season against Granada.
- Bay Area Firefighters Return to Southern California to Aid in Mudslide Rescues
- Quique Sanchez Flores rules himself out of vacant Stoke job
- Holgate risks FA charge over homophobic tweets
- Ibnale Sells 12500 Shares of Ultra Clean Holdings Inc (UCTT) Stock
- EPS for Eagle Bancorp, Inc. (EGBN) Expected At $0.89
- Is there a Bearish outlook for Huntsman Corporation (NYSE:HUN) this week?
- Short Term Outlook For CenturyLink, Inc. (NYSE:CTL)
- Featured Stock for Investors: Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited (NYSE:TEVA)
- Patterson-UTI Energy, Inc. (PTEN) Analysts See $-0.08 EPS
- Trump shock: "Non voglio immigrati da Paesi-cesso"