Aside from the graphical improvements, developers are also including other features that may entice new and old players alike to check out this game. Although there is no mention of a new lighting system - or a transition to a new engine - the teams confirmed that the PC version will feature 2K textures.
The original Dark Souls turns seven this year, and we're just now starting to feel the full weight of its influence.
"From their first timid steps to absolute mastery, players will build their characters by strategically adapting to daunting foes, exploring haunting locations, and amassing a large collection of weapons, armour and magic spells to utilise for a truly unique playstyle", states the press release for the game.
In GameSpot's original Dark Souls review Kevin VanOrd awarded it a 9.5/10, describing it as "riveting".
Though it's unclear just how Dark Souls: Remastered will perform undocked, my bet is that the Switch will run it at a standard 720p 30 fps (which isn't bad).
Dark Souls was initially released in 2011 on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Even the current PC port isn't the best, so to finally be able to see this game in its intended glory is all I really need. The price is definitely steep, but it is packed with collectibles for the biggest "Dark Souls" fans out there.
REMASTERED allows players to explore the twisted ancient land of Lordran in the first title of the critically acclaimed action role-playing series like never before.
- $3 million grant provided by Japan to repatriate Rohingya Muslims
- Cytori Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ:CYTX) Short Interest Down 35.6% in December
- Bristol Advisors LLC Has $409000 Position in BHP Billiton Limited (BHP)
- Jai Simha Pre Release Talk!
- Army Chief's 'sermons on education' uncalled for: J&K minister
- Ibnale Sells 12500 Shares of Ultra Clean Holdings Inc (UCTT) Stock
- BidaskClub Upgrades Take-Two Interactive Software (TTWO) to "Strong-Buy"
- Best stock that multiplies your investments: General Mills, Inc. (GIS)
- Pepsico (NASDAQ:PEP) Cut to Sell at Zacks Investment Research
- Featured Stock for Investors: Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited (NYSE:TEVA)