Jammu and Kashmir Education Minister Syed Altaf Bukhari said on Saturday that the army should concentrate on its own job and not meddle with the state's education system. Bukhari said, "There are two flags in the state, we have J&K constitution and India's constitution also". Every school in every state has two maps.
While defending two flags in classrooms, J&K Education minister said the State has two flags and map because it has its own constitution due to Article 370, grants special status to the State.
"Mr Bipin Rawat is a respected and well-decorated officer of this country".
In reply to another question, he said India and the U.S. were deliberating on a proposal to appoint military liaison officers at each other's combatant commands. "Every school has a state map as it is needed to teach about the state". In schools, there can be seen two maps, one of India another of Jammu and Kashmir. Why should there be a separate map of J&K!
The Education Minister was reacting to statement of General Rawat in which he had said that J&K education system needs to be revamped. What does it teach students?
The exhibition was organized by Directorate of School Education, Kashmir in which variety of books were put on sale and a total number of sixty stalls were set up by various publishers and booksellers from various parts of Kashmir.
He had also raised concern over "disinformation" being spread through social media, and through religious schools and mosques. "The other issue is the madrasas and masjids". What is being incorrectly informed to them is through madrassas and masjids. "Education is subject on State list and this is not on the concurrent list and falls well within the domain of the State", the minister said.
He had said that there was a need for opening more schools like army-run Goodwill Schools and CBSE-funded schools in the Valley.
- Quique Sanchez Flores rules himself out of vacant Stoke job
- Several injured as BJP, TMC men clash in Kolkata
- Trump asked why 'pretty Korean lady' analyst wasn't negotiating with North Korea
- "We're always confident" - Jurgen Klopp & Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain on motives vs
- What's Next for Lennar Corporation (LEN) After Achieving 52-Week High?
- Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri, Martin McDonagh's best film yet
- Jai Simha Pre Release Talk!
- Reluctant Trump agrees to Iran nuclear deal a final time
- Meridian Wealth Management LLC Buys Shares of 5252 Intel Co
- Digging Up the Facts on Citizens Financial Group, Inc. (CFG)