Toyota said on Tuesday that it will be deploying Alexa beginning with its Entune 3.0 App Suite and Lexus Enform App Suite 2.0 vehicle system software updates for select 2018 model year vehicles later in 2018, giving USA customers access to Alexa while on the go.
A number of carmakers have introduced Amazon Alexa voice commands that can activate the locks and climate control on their cars, but Toyota is going a step further with Alexa integration by bringing Alexa into the vehicle.
Amazon is set to use CES 2018 to deliver commercial grade augmented-reality glasses with Amazon's Alexa voice assistant built in. According to Toyota, they will be fitting their future vehicle with Alexa this year but so far, they have not said anything about adding the Android Auto and Apple CarPlay support.
Alexa will be able to aid drivers and passengers with directions, news, shopping, and smart home control from the vehicle, among other functions. This feature will allow Toyota and Lexus customers in the United States to interact with Alexa in the vehicle.
A new initiative announced in the framework of the exhibition electronics CES 2018, taking place in Las Vegas (NV, USA).
Amazon is pushing for Alexa to be integrated into pretty much everything, from cars to fridges, thanks to providing developers with the tools to easily fit the virtual assistant into their devices.
The statement continued: "Additional models will be available in 2019".
Toyota, a company that habitually spars with Volkswagen for the title of world's largest automaker, is among the few that stubbornly refuse to offer Apple CarPlay or Android Auto in any of its products.
Fortunately, the Blade worked in every other way - and most of us know how Alexa works by now, so I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt.
Aside from its smart home connectivity, Alexa provides a more reliable natural language processing.
- Institutional Investor's Anti-Nike Inc (NYSE:NKE) Sentiment In Q3 2017
- Death toll in California mudslides rises to 17
- Bandai Namco Not Planning to Release Dark Souls Trilogy in America
- Spartak Moscow Criticised For "Racist" Tweet About Own Players
- Besiktas, Galatasaray keen on Manchester United forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic?
- Snow-melting rain, flooding and fog forecast for Friday
- Kings of Confetti: Alabama celebrates national title No. 17
- Course record sees Saddier take joint SA Open lead
- Police use rubber bullets to disperse EFF H&M protesters
- Federal judge temporaily blocks discontinuation of DACA program