Reflections on Dr. King's life and the civil rights struggle will be presented by Kay Dowell Lomax, Deacon Russel Howell and Rev. Matt Farley.
The president has been under fire for reportedly telling a bipartisan meeting of lawmakers on immigration Thursday that the US didn't need more immigrants from "s-hole countries" in Africa.
The parade is coordinated by the Zeta Sigma Lambda Chapter of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Inc., the oldest African American fraternity in America, founded in 1906 at Cornell University in Ithaca, New York; Dr. King was a member of Alpha Phi Alpha.
This free ticketed musical tribute celebrating the life of Dr. Marin Luther King Jr. will feature Grammy nominated performer Vanessa Williams along with the Let Freedom Ring Choir. It's what we preach in our houses of worship. "I think President Trump is racially ignorant and racially uninformed".
Farris Jr. said that the comments were "another example of him (Trump) speaking without knowing the facts".
A source familiar with the meeting told CNN that Carson was speaking with Trump about how to handle the controversy when the President turned to Farris Jr. and offered his explanation.
Trump disputed the Post's account, tweeting that he "never said anything derogatory about Haitians".
"When we go on to Google Maps and we go to search for Martin Luther King Park, it doesn't show up", Amanda Duran said. Moments later, while he was introducing himself to the group assembled for the photo op, the American Urban Radio Network's April Ryan asked "will you give an apology for the statements yesterday?"
- Dark Souls 2 And Dark Souls 3 Coming To Nintendo Switch
- SD Pride will march in 2018 MLK Parade
- BBC Sport pundit Mark Lawrenson reveals his Premier League predictions for GW23
- Trump says interview with Russian Federation investigator 'unlikely'
- Proteas call up Ngidi, Olivier after Steyn injury
- Coeur Mining Inc (CDE) Receives Average Rating of "Hold" from Analysts
- 'Sh*thole' epithet turned immigration debate into new Trump drama
- Thomas Fire, California's Largest On Record, Is Now 100 Percent Contained
- Democrat vows to hold impeachment vote after Donald Trump's 'sh*thole countries' remark
- Sam's Clubs in Wyoming will remain open amid national closures