But it was Gadot's bright crimson pout, a classic makeup signature regularly embraced by TV actress Lynda Carter in her '70s turn as the Amazonian goddess-turned-Justice League member, that raised the look into the realm of aspirational chic.
Wonder Woman was a wonderful surprise for the DCEU: a film that garnered great reviews and cleaned up at the box office.
ET also caught up with the current Wonder Woman, Gal Gadot, and asked about how her daughter is taking to the phenomenon surrounding the film. Will Chris Pine return as a handsome ghost? As the weak performance of Justice League showed, audiences aren't very onboard for the DC universe onscreen, at least not the way they are for Marvel Studios movies.
Wonder Woman 2 will be 'totally different' than the first film
The night before, director Patty Jenkins presented Gadot with the rising star at the festival's gala. I argue her role as Wonder Woman is becoming more popular than Batman now. "It's an entirely new adventure together that we couldn't be luckier [to do]", said the filmmaker. More often than not, sequels can turn out to be clones of the original film, and it's clear that Jenkins has no interest in that. In the end, we all know and love her best as Diana Prince, Wonder Woman. As for what the story will be about, that's anyone's guess. "But he plays with superheroes and he cares about those things and watching my own child's transformation of being like, "Oh, I need that Wonder Woman doll, OK cool" - she became a serious character to him". Carter, who starred as the superheroine in the 1970s CBS series Wonder Woman (later titled The New Adventures of Wonder Woman), was supposed to pop up in the 2017 Gal Gadot-led feature but ultimately missed out.
Jenkins said: "We'll see".
Rumors have been circulating that the film will be set in the 1980s, with Wonder Woman facing off against the Soviets during The Cold War. She told the publication, "We won't say anything yet, but we certainly-there's no lack of trying".
- Barclays Raises BB&T (BBT) Price Target to $57.00
- French league suspends goalline technology after two cock-ups in cup
- MEA confirms India, Pak NSAs met in Thailand to discuss terror
- In year of running backs, Saints turn to Drew to deliver
- Nebraska state veteran care workers to get 20 percent raise
- Arizona's firebrand 'Sheriff Joe' is running for Senate
- TY Hilton named to fourth straight Pro Bowl
- Kodak jumps on the cryptocurrency bandwagon and sees stock price double
- Adamas Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADMS) - Do the Stock Experienced Heavy Trading?
- Ibuprofen linked to male infertility in study