In yet another shocking incident, a 22-year-old man of Indian origin, working as a software engineer for Google has been arrested for allegedly molesting a United States woman in a five-star hotel in National Capital. The accused met the complainant on January 8 and Kharbanda allegedly invited her to his room.
The woman left the room then and went to Jaipur the next day, Additional Commissioner of Police (New Delhi) BK Singh, said.
"Kharbanda, a California-based Non-Resident Indian, met the victim in the lounge and introduced himself to her".
"The techie in his room groped the woman".
A woman guest staying in a five-star hotel has alleged that she was molested by another guest, police sources said on Friday.
Another officer told the media, "The victim informed the police that she had locked herself in her room for the entire night out of fear and shock". She filed a complaint after she returned to Delhi, he added.
On January 10, she approached the police with a complaint, following which a case was registered and the accused was arrested. "Her statement was recorded before a magistrate under Section 164 of the Criminal Procedure Code, after which Kharbanda was arrested".
Unaware of the legal action against him, Kharbanda was busy in his official work. He has been sent to judicial custody by court for two weeks.
- Wetherby Asset Management Inc. Decreases Stake in Cisco Systems, Inc. (CSCO)
- Crescent Point Energy (CPG) PT Raised to C$13.00 at Barclays
- Kevin Durant second-youngest player to reach 20000-point plateau
- Airtel Broadband Users Can Avail Free Amazon Prime Membership for One Year
- What Zuma wants if he is to quit the presidency
- Near term Outlook For Oasis Petroleum Inc. (NYSE:OAS)
- Palestinian Authority Paid Terrorists Over $347 Million in 2017
- AbbVie Inc (ABBV) Position Lessened by Dupont Capital Management Corp
- Cubist Systematic Strategies LLC Lowers Position in Penske Automotive Group, Inc. (PAG)
- QI In Focus For Spirit Realty Capital, Inc. (NYSE:SRC)