A woman denied hurling red wine over two Andy Warhol paintings on a first date after her squeeze asked her to go home when she got too drunk.
Lindy Lou Layman is charged with criminal mischief for destroying three paintings and two sculptures at Anthony Buzbee's home in River Oaks, Houston last month.
Layman was in court Tuesday morning. Afterwards, her legal representative said she would be disputing Anthony Buzbee's account of the disastrous date.
Layman, whose LinkedIn profile says she works as a freelance court reporter, was at the home of Tony Buzbee in Houston's ritzy River Oaks neighborhood when police say the incident occurred.
She is alleged to have become aggressive after he found her and called another cab, before embarking on her alleged rampage, reports MailOnline.
"We certainly disagree with Mr. Buzbee's rendition of the facts when he spoke to the media and we disagree with what was said in probable cause court", lawyer Justin Keiter said, according to the Chronicle. She then allegedly threw two sculptures, valued at $20,000 each, according to charging documents. She is out on bond but is ordered not to have any contact with Buzbee. "That's fine with us". If convicted, she could be sentenced to life in prison.
Buzbee represented former Texas Gov. Rick Perry in an abuse-of-power case, and Donald Trump visited his home a year ago during his successful run for the White House. The tank still appears in a Google Street View image of Buzbee's mansion.
- What Happens During Blackout at World's Biggest Tech Show
- Alabama coach's playbook stolen before title game
- OnePlus brings the Lava Red variant of 5T to India
- CSX) — CSX Corporation (NASDAQ
- Is Buying JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPM) Here a Winning Strategy?
- Latvia had seventh highest unemployment level in European Union in November - Eurostat
- Footage of Cancelled "Modernized" Star Wars X-Wing Game Emerges
- Fodder scam: Court to pronounce sentence tomorrow
- Possible violation of National Football League concussion protocol to be probed
- Stocks under Analysts Consideration: HCA Holdings, Inc. (HCA), Exxon Mobil Corporation (XOM)