More snow for mountainous and northern ME may be in the mix of ice and rain predicted for Friday and Saturday, while weekend flooding could occur along the coast, according to the National Weather Service. In addition, driving conditions after the rain stops are expected to be hard, as temperatures are expected to drop once again come late Saturday/earlySunday, resulting in flooded streets becoming encrusted with heavy patches of ice. That agency predicts a high of 36 on Saturday, although a wintry mix is still in the picture. Ice changes to snow.
Snow, freezing drizzle, and sleet are possible in Boston Saturday night, according to the forecast. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29.
There's also no rain in the forecast after Thursday, so the cold weather won't bring snow.
Sign up today for a free 30 day free trial of unlimited digital access. Lows will be around 40 degrees, with a south wind 10 to 14 miles per hour. Since the coldest wind chills look to be in some of the higher terrain locations, the weather service says no wind chill advisory is planned at this time. Snow is not expected, however it will turn very ICY by Saturday evening. Our snowpack continues to melt as temperatures soar into the middle and upper 50s by the afternoon (likely breaking our daily record of 55), which will increase the threat for flooding. The snow will taper to snow showers Saturday evening.
According to AccuWeather's forecasters, Sunday will be sunny and 23, the high will hit 28 on Monday and on Tuesday will reach 34. Chance of precipitation is 80%, but little or no snow or ice accumulation is expected.
- Hospital patients need blood. Where are the donors?
- Sarasota County Schools Graduation Rate Rises for 2016-17
- Manchester attack 'hero' Chris Parker admits stealing from victims
- Ronaldo de Lima: Neymar to PSG, a step back
- Analysts Recommendations EOG Resources, Inc. (EOG)
- Acuity Brands (AYI) Misses on Q1 Earnings and Revenues
- Following the Technicals for First Industrial Realty Trust (FR)
- New center opens for victims of human trafficking
- Nintendo's Switch becomes the fastest-selling system ever in the US
- Swedbank Acquires 19024 Shares of Chevron Co. (CVX)