But Arsenal's lead lasted just four minutes as the visitors were awarded a controversial penalty after Bellerin's challenge on Eden Hazard. He converted the subsequent penalty, although the Spaniard got his own back as he snatched a late equaliser after Marcos Alonso had found the target again for the Blues.
"At some stage in football you have to stand up to the referee's decisions".
Alvaro Morata has made a fine contribution to Chelsea's season since arriving from Real Madrid for £60 million, having scored ten goals in eighteen Premier League games prior to tonight's away away trip to the Emirates.
Arsene Wenger has been charged with misconduct by the Football Association (FA) after confronting the match officials in the wake of Arsenal's 1-1 draw with West Brom. As an example, he said none of the newspaper reports from Tuesday's Swansea-Tottenham game made an issue of Spurs' scoring an offside goal.
Hazard insisted it was a penalty and TV replays backed up his assertion, but his manager Antonio Conte was not happy with his side's efforts on a night when they missed a host of clear cut chances.
"You look at matters that influence the game". So nothing will change. "So we have to deal with that".
Wenger on Chelsea penalty decision: 'It's not serious'
The Gunners boss bemoaned the focus on refereeing decisions after a pulsating contest at the Emirates Stadium, although his comments heaped scrutiny on referee Anthony Taylor. But nobody talks about it.
"I must be honest, I didn't see the penalty". There's frustration for coaches but we must accept the referee's decisions.
As highly respected as Wenger is in England, this latest verbal tirade, along with his similar transgression at West Brom, means that the FA will have no choice but to impose the toughest possible sanctions on the veteran Arsenal manager.
But speaking at a news conference ahead of the FA Cup match against Nottingham Forest, he said: "I maintain what I said in the press conference 100 percent, and I have nothing to change in that".
"I think it is a pity because when you have so many chances to score you must win the game", said the Italian. Games are spoiled by factors you can not determine. "Everybody had given up on him. Today, nobody would be surprised if he was selected again", Wenger was quoted as saying.
Wenger believes Wilshere deserves all the credit for his remarkable strength despite everyone gave up on him.
- Bill Belichick: I don't know if Malcolm Mitchell returns this year
- What Zuma wants if he is to quit the presidency
- Stocks inside Traders Spotlight: VMware, Inc. (VMW), Regal Entertainment Group (RGC)
- Sushma Swaraj arrives in Thailand
- BSP MLA Mukhtar Ansari, wife suffers heart attack in UP jail, hospitalised
- Woman in posh hotel alleges molestation, accused arrested
- 'Black Widow' standalone movie finds writer in Jac Schaeffer
- Stock Focus: Nippon Express (NPEXY) Lower -54.32% Over the Last Month
- Near term Outlook For DENTSPLY International Inc. (NASDAQ:XRAY)
- Investors Purchase High Volume of Symantec Call Options (NASDAQ:SYMC)