Indianapolis Colts wide receiver T.Y. Hilton will replace Cincinnati Bengals wideout A.J. Green on the AFC roster in the upcoming Pro Bowl, the league announced Wednesday. He caught five passes for 175 yards and two touchdowns in a win against the Houston Texans. It was going to be only the ninth year in Colts franchise history the team did not have a Pro Bowl selection (joining the 1978, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1984, 1991, 1993 and 1997 seasons). In Week 9, he earned AFC Offensive Player of the Week honors for the first time in his career. The performance marked his 27th career 100-yard receiving game and his seventh career multiple touchdown game. However, with the aforementioned Green unable to play, Hilton will participate in his fourth consecutive Pro Bowl.
Green didn't miss a single game in the 2017 season while posting 75 catches for 1,078 yards and eight touchdowns. The game will be played on Sunday, January 28, 2018 at Camping World Stadium in Orlando, Fla. The Colts also are scheduled to meet with Carolina defensive coordinator Steve Wilks on Thursday.
Speaking at the Indiana Farm Bureau Football Center on New Year's Day, Hilton said he believes Indianapolis can make a quick turnaround from a 4-12 season.
Hilton's individual recognition comes in the aftermath of a hard season. "But it is what it is".
- Novavax, Inc. (NASDAQ:NVAX) Sees Unusual Volume Mid-Session
- Ibuprofen linked to male infertility in study
- French league suspends goalline technology after two cock-ups in cup
- Barcelona's Rafinha Alcántara closing in on Inter Milan move
- Arctic Monkeys confirm 2018 live return
- Antero Resources (AR) Upgraded to "Buy" at Zacks Investment Research
- Express Scripts Holding (ESRX) Position Cut by Chesley Taft & Associates LLC
- Were Analysts Bearish Range Resources Corporation (NYSE:RRC) This Week?
- Putin says 'shrewd and mature' North Korean leader has 'won this round'
- Nebraska state veteran care workers to get 20 percent raise