Indianapolis Colts wide receiver T.Y. Hilton will replace Cincinnati Bengals wideout A.J. Green on the AFC roster in the upcoming Pro Bowl, the league announced Wednesday. He caught five passes for 175 yards and two touchdowns in a win against the Houston Texans. It was going to be only the ninth year in Colts franchise history the team did not have a Pro Bowl selection (joining the 1978, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1984, 1991, 1993 and 1997 seasons). In Week 9, he earned AFC Offensive Player of the Week honors for the first time in his career. The performance marked his 27th career 100-yard receiving game and his seventh career multiple touchdown game. However, with the aforementioned Green unable to play, Hilton will participate in his fourth consecutive Pro Bowl.
Green didn't miss a single game in the 2017 season while posting 75 catches for 1,078 yards and eight touchdowns. The game will be played on Sunday, January 28, 2018 at Camping World Stadium in Orlando, Fla. The Colts also are scheduled to meet with Carolina defensive coordinator Steve Wilks on Thursday.
Speaking at the Indiana Farm Bureau Football Center on New Year's Day, Hilton said he believes Indianapolis can make a quick turnaround from a 4-12 season.
Hilton's individual recognition comes in the aftermath of a hard season. "But it is what it is".
- Were Analysts Bearish Range Resources Corporation (NYSE:RRC) This Week?
- French league suspends goalline technology after two cock-ups in cup
- BMW 2-Series Active Tourer Revealed
- Arctic Monkeys confirm 2018 live return
- Kinder Morgan, Inc. (KMI) trades at discount to net asset value B
- In year of running backs, Saints turn to Drew to deliver
- Novavax, Inc. (NASDAQ:NVAX) Sees Unusual Volume Mid-Session
- Arizona's firebrand 'Sheriff Joe' is running for Senate
- Nissan's brain-to-vehicle technology revealed… drive like a Jedi
- Samsung announces world's fastest 8GB HBM2 design