Subaru will bring an STI version of its VIZIV Performance Concept to the 2018 Tokyo Auto Salon, adding fuel to rumours of an STI renaissance due beyond 2020. It gave us a preview of things to come from the Japanese automaker, especially with hints of it becoming the next-generation Impreza. We know that Subaru at least plans to have a booth at the show featuring the concept you see above: the VIZIV Performance STI Concept. Now, a more hardcore STI variant will make its debut soon at the upcoming Tokyo Auto Salon.
As the name suggests, the Viziv Performance STI is pretty much what we'd imagine the original Viziv Performance concept would be like if it was handed over to those clever people at Subaru Tecnica International, which is the official motorsports and tuning arm of Subaru. While technical details have not been announced, the images released show that the VIZIV has sprouted spoilers, intakes, splitters, large alloy wheels and flared wheel arches, along with plenty of red detailing and an aggressive front-end treatment.
More importantly, while entitled only as a prototype, the new Viziv Performance STI concept is nearly for sure the appetizer for the upcoming new generation WRX STI, a model that remains one of the legends in the segment. However, there are now winglets protuding from the side which likely improve aerodynamics. Do expect the production model however to use the new Subaru Global Platform. It is likely to use a newer turbocharged 2.0-liter boxer engine. Now at last, with the tuner-dedicated Auto Salon nearly upon us, the manufacturer has finally put some performance into its concept.
- RIP Mikio Fujioka, BABYMETAL guitarist dies at 36
- Campbell & Company Investment Adviser Raised Axogen (AXGN) Holding By $345154; Preferred Apartment
- Sheriff Says Colorado Shooting Was An 'Ambush-Type' Attack On Officers
- Gov. Bevin weighs in on Rep. Hoover's resignation as Speaker
- Martha McSally launches Senate campaign in heated GOP race
- NYC scuttles incentives for Aetna move to Manhattan
- 13 people awaiting admission to Letterkenny University Hospital
- Diet Coke unveils new look, 4 new flavors
- Align Technology Inc. (ALGN)
- Irish abortion plan 'may be step too far'