Externally, the new model is largely unchanged from the full-fat W12 Bentayga, although red-painted front brake callipers are a subtle hint at the car's new engine.
But "lower" in this context is relative, as the V8 Bentayga is hardly short on get up and go, with 542bhp and 568lb/ft of torque promising 0-62mph in 4.5 seconds and on to a top speed of 180mph. The engine is mated to an 8-speed automatic and hustles the big SUV to 60 miles per hour in 4.4 seconds and to a top speed of 180 miles per hour.
Finally, for those interested in fuel economy, the V8 has a claimed combined fuel consumption of 11.4 l/100 km (24.8 mpg UK), with corresponding Carbon dioxide emissions of 260 g/km.
If the Bentley Bentayga with its huge, powerful 12 cylinder engine is a bit much for you, Bentley has just unveiled a new, more sensible choice - the Bentayga V8. According to the automaker, these are the largest brake discs to ever be installed in a Bentley and the largest front brake system available on any production vehicle, measuring 440 mm with ten-piston calipers at the front and 370 mm at the back.
Like the standard Bentayga, air suspension is fitted on the V8 petrol variant and the auto comes equipped with a choice of on- and off-road drive settings via Bentley's Drive Dynamics Mode and optional All-Terrain Specification.
As we revealed it would be just a few days ago, the Bentley Bentayga V8 has been revealed as a more "affordable" take on the W12 Bentayga. Buyers can also choose between three different sound systems, with the most opulent being a Naim system with 1,950 watts and 18 speakers.
Bentley aims to extend this reputation by offering the Bentayga in its most sporting guise to date - the Bentayga V8. All-new 22-inch wheels are fitted, as is a black and chrome grille at the front and quad exhaust pipes at the rear. The same four, five or seven-seat layout as other models can be specified, along with a near-endless combination of trim materials and high-quality leathers.
Lastly there are some new interior trim options, including a high-gloss carbon-fiber finish that replaces traditional veneer surfaces; a wood and hide steering wheel; and a new rich red leather, Cricket Ball.
- Wenger on Chelsea penalty decision: 'It's not serious'
- Ethiopia to close notorious prison and free all political prisoners
- Shares Seesawing -1.25% on Volume: JMP Group Inc (JMPC)
- Flight of the Conchords Returns with New Jemaine Clement, Bret McKenzie Special
- Celebrities Spoke up after Ivanka Trump Supported Time's Up
- Microsoft unveils pre-order information on the Windows 10 GLAS thermostat
- East West Bancorp (EWBC) Downgraded by Zacks Investment Research
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee is now 'Doctor'
- LG has made a 65-inch rollable OLED display
- Tamar Says She & Vince NOT Back Together - Eminem, The Weeknd Book Coachella