The Texans are expected to hire Gaine as their GM, Ian Rapoport of NFL.com reports. He was hired by Brandon Beane and the Bills last May.
The favorite in this race, likely due to his experience as a high-ranking executive with the franchise, Gaine will step in for Rick Smith.
Smith has taken an extended leave of absence to be with his wife, who has breast cancer.
The Houston Texans have a new man in charge - and it is one with significant New Jersey ties. "Gaine, Buffalo's vice president of player personnel, interviewed Tuesday".
After graduating from ME in 1995, where he played for then-coach Kirk Ferentz, Gaine has worked in the National Football League for the past 18 years, beginning in the Jets' scouting department in 1999.
Gaine is a Bill Parcells protégé who worked with the Hall of Fame coach/general manager with the Jets, Cowboys and Dolphins. At 2 a.m., he accepted an offer to become the Packers' new general manager to replace Ted Thompson and cancelled his interview with the Texans that was scheduled for Sunday.
Gaine will be without the team's first-round pick in the 2018 NFL Draft after the Texans traded it to the Cleveland Browns to move up last spring to select Watson with the 12th overall selection. The Texans were on pace to either win their third straight AFC South title or qualify for the playoffs as a wild-card team prior to Watson's injury, so Gaine will have an intriguing opportunity to take over a possible ready-made contender.
The Eagles and Patriots denied permission for the Texans to interview Douglas, Caserio and Ossenfort.
- Magnitude 4.7 quake hits western Iran
- 3700 arrested during protests in Iran: MP
- Consumers spend more time on Snapchat than Instagram
- New York Knicks vs. Chicago Bulls - 1/10/18 NBA Pick, Odds, and Prediction
- Gucci Just Opened Their First Restaurant In Florence, Italy
- Mercedes-Benz GLS Class Not Holding Anything Back From Detroit
- UK: Former PM Blair urges Labour to oppose Brexit
- Smartron t.phone P launched in India at Rs. 7999
- Minnesota Timberwolves: 5 potential trades for Nikola Mirotic
- France signs deals with China