A new social media challenge gaining popularity among teenagers can pose some very serious health risks to participants, doctors are now warning parents.
A odd new internet craze coined the "Tide Pod Challenge" has gone viral with teens across the nation.
Memes have erupted all over social media.
A weird new trend dubbed the "Tide Pod Challenge" is gaining popularity among teens on social media - and doctors say it could land them in the emergency room.
USA Today reported that last year, poison control centers received more than 10,000 reports of children five years old or younger ingesting the pods.
If someone swallows a small amount of the concentrated detergent in the pods, it could result in diarrhea and vomiting.
College Humor posted a viral video about eating laundry pods in 2017, in which a man goes back and forth debating whether or not he should consume the pacs before ultimately caving into the temptation and binge eating an entire bowl of them.
A spokesperson for Procter and Gamble, the maker of Tide, says the company has implemented child-resistant packages for its pods and is working with partners to educate parents on properly storing the containers.
The packets can cause vomiting, throat burns and eye injuries, among other issues. "They should be only used to clean clothes and kept up, closed and away from children". They should not be played with, whatever the circumstance is, even if meant as a joke.
If a someone ingests the pods, contact the National Poison Help Hotline (1-800-222-1222).
Following these laundry safety steps will help keep your home as safe as possible.
- It was not Turks who attacked Russia's bases: Putin
- Rodney Hood unleashes vicious swat...on fan's phone
- Korea fears war with US
- Delta Air Lines, Inc. Stock Pops on Q4 Earnings Beat
- JetBlue Airways Corporation (JBLU) Consensus EPS Forecasts
- Dropbox files confidentially for IPO
- Stoke offer Quique Sanchez Flores manager's job and wait for his response
- 32BJ, others rip Trump for ending TPS for El Salvadorans
- Kim and Khloe Kardashian Shade Rob for 'Super Frustrating' Blac Chyna Drama
- 'Teen Mom' star was running a 'fully functional meth lab' in apartment