We've been running and jumping as Mario for decades, but always from a third-person perspective.
Last year Super Mario 64 was available to play online with up to 24 players but now another mod for the classic game has surfaced and this time it's first-person mode. However, he said he can not seem to get around the game's tendency to lose the geometry when players get a bit too close to an object or a terrain.
The original New Super Mario Bros. released back in 2006 for the Nintendo DS, and now holds the title of ninth best-selling game of all time, with a total of 30,800,000 units sold since its release. While the Nintendo 64 is known for being one of the first 64-bit console manufactured, most first-person games (like Goldeneye or Perfect Dark) run at a noticeably choppy framerate. The latest is both a more simple and fundamental remixing of the game, though. "With how elaborate Mario's animations are, this results in a challenging romhack". However, due to the limitations of the original game, objects and characters become invisible if Mario gets too close to them.
While all of the same tricks, including back-flips, wall jumps, and diving slides still work, they're nearly dizzying to watch in first-person. Towards the end of the clip, Kaze faces Bowser and if you recall, you have to spin him around in a circle and throw him at the bombs and off the platform.
Mario 64 revolutionised the Mario series by taking it into from side-scrolling into 3D. Judging from the video and the notes contained within, it looks like controlling Mario in first-person will take some getting used to.
- Hyundai And Aurora To Co-Develop Level 4 Autonomous Cars By 2021
- South Africa's leader gives into pressure on scandal probe
- Big Brother 2009 housemate Rebekah Shelton has NOT died
- Consumers spend more time on Snapchat than Instagram
- Och-Ziff Capital Management Group (OZM) Earning Favorable News Coverage, Report Finds
- Father turns teen son into police after finding child porn on phone
- Spurs down Knicks, Popovich alone in 5th for coaching wins
- Arkansas Teen Fires at Police Before Officers Fatally Shoot Him
- Disney responds to live-action Aladdin 'brown face' claims
- X Factor's Honey G looks VERY different now