Star Wars: The Last Jedi played around with the themes of separation, conflict and failure, thereby sending everyone on quests that kept them away from each other. It can be recalled that the sequel to "The Force Awakens" delivered a punch in the gut to Rey, who was informed by Kylo Ren (Adam Driver) via Force telepathy that her parents were no one important. (The diehards in the audience will know that the pair did in fact meet in the novelization of TFA, but whatever.) Their exchange is brief, but given how much Poe and Rey are smiling when they introduce themselves - and the fact that the moment came complete with the two most romantic words in Star Wars: "I know." - it was enough to get the rumor mill churning. I don't think in films you always need a romantic relationship.
Daisy Ridley makes a great point here to Mtime that there doesn't have to be a romantic relationship. "So I think, hopefully, if Rey and Poe get to have some scenes together and stuff, that there will be intimacy, but it doesn't, for me, have to be romantic love". Another new development that few saw coming, but was actually somewhat well-received, was the teased romantic connection between Rey and Poe Dameron. "But I think... for me, it doesn't have to be romantic love".
However, Johnson warns that her true parentage could still be altered in "Star Wars: Episode 9".
Most blockbuster films have a tendency to create a romantic pair out of their lead roles or have a love story at its heart. Of course, if there's one thing that The Last Jedi taught us, it's that not all seeds grow as we expect. Every one of his interactions with characters in Last Jedi, from Admiral Holdo (Laura Dern), to Leia (Carrie Fisher), to Finn, and even BB-8, have been bursting to the seem with sparks. It was done well with Han and Leia in the original trilogy and served with a healthy side of cringe with Anakin and Padme in the prequels.
In Lucasfilm's Star Wars: The Last Jedi, the Skywalker saga continues as the heroes of The Force Awakens join the galactic legends in an epic adventure that unlocks age-old mysteries of the Force and shocking revelations of the past. When it comes to Rey, romance is a question that comes up.
- Barack Obama Shares His Favorite Tracks Of 2017 [PLAYLIST]
- Ibuprofen linked to male infertility in study
- Cleveland Browns Secure Second 0-16 Season In NFL History
- More Killed in Traffic Crashes Over New Year's Weekend than Previous Year
- TY Hilton named to fourth straight Pro Bowl
- Independent Advisor Alliance Has $2.11 Million Position in Merck & Co., Inc. (MRK)
- Antero Resources (AR) Upgraded to "Buy" at Zacks Investment Research
- Ohio State vs. Michigan State - 1/7/18 College Basketball Pick, Odds, and Prediction
- Wisconsin vs. IN - 1/2/18 College Basketball Pick, Odds, and Prediction
- Adamas Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADMS) - Do the Stock Experienced Heavy Trading?